Saturday, February 13, 2016

PTI 9th Anniversary Challenge - Fortune Teller

Well I must say that this was a fun and challenging, challenge for me.  You see, I have relocated my craft room to Florida and although I have my computer, I do not have a printer.  So when the challenge mentions that you need to print out a download......I thought, Oh boy, I am in trouble.
This is the free printable for this contest.  It makes a Fortune Teller.  Remember those?  I remember them also as a cootie catcher.  Anyway, I put the old memory to work, as I remembered how to make them.  I didn't even have copy paper and had to use a piece of card stock.

Here is my fortune Teller that I made.  After following the instructions, I found out the colors that I could use to create a project.

My colors are:  Hawaiian Shores, Spring Rain,, and Blueberry Sky




 I used my never before used stamp set, Flower Favorites and Swoosh Stamp.
Love how this turned out and I wonder why I had not used them before.

 After stamping the white panel, I die cut a border from Spellbinder, Romantic Rectangles and stamped with like colors of distressed inks.  I used a base of card stock from PTI called, Blueberry Skies, and  stickles for the petite dots.

    Here is my card
I will enter this in the PTI challenge called Fortune Teller.  What fun this was and if you want to join, you have until February 15.
Thanks for stopping by to see my entry.  Hope your weekend is wonderful.  I am going to meet with a crafty friend that I have not seen for a year.  Nancy and I share the same birthday, and I am the older sister!
Thanks for your comments, I do really appreciate them.

8 comments:

  1. 2 of my most favorite PTI sets, thankfully I own them both....LOVE your Spring has Sprung card! The perfectly stamped Iris are gorgeous, don't you love the 'process' on making them? lol Cootie Catcher....I think ours were all about what boy you liked or what boy liked you :) FAB card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful card Barbara! Those 3 colors worked great for your Iris, and I love the bottom treatment of your card too! And kudos to you for making your own Cootie Catcher without a printer!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that Cootie Catcher was such a clever idea. Hope I can find time to play. You carad is gorgeous, love the layout and the border. Doing the leaves in that color is just genius....I LOVE the way it turned out. Really, really beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card and the gorgeous colors you chose to for the pretty blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is striking! Love you creation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful flowers. They are striking in these colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember these little things when I was a kid. How fun to use them in this way. Love you colors and those beautiful flowers....great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh boy I have sure been missing some fabulous creations! Those fortune tellers are still going strong in the schools these days! Your card is stunning! One of my favs of the past few weeks for sure!! Love that border die a lot!!!

    ReplyDelete