Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Double D Challenge - Don't Bug Me!

 Time for another month of challenges with The Double D team! This one is called Don't Bug Me!
 What an interesting title for this challenge!  So I decided to have a little fun with it.   


You can use any bug or insect on your project.  I made a card, no surprise there. 
Here is what I did for your inspiration. 


I was having a little fun with the cropping tool on the program that I use to put the watermark on my picture. Let me know if you like it.  You can crop it round and have a colored background. I can change the color of the background or leave it blank. 
Here is the usual view that I do.  
Sorry, on to my card.  This card is made with dies only and a stamped sentiment and came together quickly.   Can you see the bugs?  I used pearls that I colored with a red Copic marker and placed black dots on them to make my own ladybugs.  Here is what I used on the rest of the card. 
Paper Trey Ink Pretty Framed Die
Memory Box Freida Curve (bottom)
Memory Box Ragged Daisy 
Pearls and distress inks to color the flowers and leaves.  
You may recognize the design paper on the matching envelope to the left.  It is GKD,  a good way to use up some of that paper that you have. 

REMEMBER:  We have a fun prize to give away to one lucky player,
which will be chosen by Random.org
ALL are welcome to enter ... we will ship internationally!
Today's prize offering is ...

An assortment of butterfly, ladybug and insect stickers for card making. 
Don't forget to see what the rest of the Design Team has done for you.
I'll be looking for your BUGS!
Thanks for stopping in and for the comment that you leave.  They are appreciated. 




9 comments:

  1. Beautiful design, love the gorgeous flowers and lady birds on it.x[aussie aNNie blog] ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card, Barbara! Simple, but so elegant. Those ladybugs are adorable...very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card, I first thought the flower was a stamp (and I even have that die lol) as it is so gorgeous the way you have combined those dies, clever way to make lady bugs too, oh and I love the matching envelope as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Great use of dies and fabulous coloring!! Love the ladybugs and the matching envelope is a bonus! Well done! And, look at you getting creative with your photos ... looks great! There are times I'd like to do that but haven't figured out if my software does it or not and haven't taken time to figure it out! Oh well ... another thing to add to my ToDo List LOL. Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you being all creative. Love the idea of the pearls for the lady bugs and I will be stealing that. Great use of your dies and good reminder to make the envelope special too and I have a ton of paper just perfect for that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful card you have made and a matching envelope is wonderful too. I really prefer not having the yellow showing around the design as it almost takes away from the beauty of the card in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, loving the watermarks, clever! I also adore those sweet little lady bugs, even more clever and cute! Your card design is gorgeous, love the flower and that insert DP on your envelope, so pretty, makes for a lovely accent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmmm....wonder if I can do that with my photo program. Will have to look. I am in LOVE with your little lady bugs, what a clever idea. I also love the die cut frame. The crisp white is just beautiful and really makes the image pop!!! Just a great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see a few of these dies in a future shopping cart. I adore this card and think the lady bugs are pure genus! Got to go shopping now.

    ReplyDelete