Thursday, March 14, 2019

Seize the Birthday - Dots and Stripes

 At Seize the Birthday for this challenge we have toppings for you and it is Dots and Stripes.
I really like it when we have toppings as it is easier for me and a challenge as well.  But if you are not a toppings kind of person, just make it a Birthday theme card.  Looking forward to seeing your creations this two weeks.
Here is my card with both dots and stripes.

I colored this iris from the Gina K Designs stamp set Stately Flowers 8 by Melanie Muenchinger.
After completing the coloring, I took a deep breath and die cut it with Die-Namics striped sentiment strip.  I added dimension under every other strip with an extra strip of card stock. The stripes are there, but not as noticeable.  The background of dots was made with Simon Says Tiny dots background stamp. Of course, the sentiment is Gina K Designs Birthday Greetings.
This is the first of our challenge for March and April and we have a new Surprise Party Guest for you.  She is Tenia Nelson, also known as Jazzy Paper Designs.  Just click HERE.
She is a jazzy pianist, music teacher, and paper crafter. You will be amazed.  
There is more interesting inspiration for you if you just go to  
Seize the Birthday, you will find the team designs there for you. 
Thanks for stopping and for your comments!  I love them all.

14 comments:

  1. Oh my word, you couldn't have been more creative with this lovely card. It's stunning in the coloring and design, but cutting up the image like that just takes it over the top. No never cease to amaze me, I am BLOWN AWAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This design blows me away. So clever to cut up the design and reassemble it the way you have. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you really do have nerve. i could never have cut that beautiful flower like you did, but the effect is amazing. Gorgeous coloring and design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful coloring of the Iris design. I love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too like it when we have toppings, even though this one really did challenge me! Your interpretation of the stripes half is brilliant! The iris retains all its beauty but the layering adds even more interest. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Barbara. Very creative with the "stripes" element. I bet you did take a deep breath when you die cut that lovely colored iris. I like how you raised every other section.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This such a gorgeous flower and you colored it perfectly. Love how you cut it up, so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, love the gorgeous iris and such a clever design to mount it in strips for stripes! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kudos to you for having the heart to die cut that beauty! But, it definitely paid off, the striped effect looks absolutely fantastic! And I love the simple dotty texture for the background - keeps the focus on your amazing coloring on the iris. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa! This is amazing -- Love how you dimentioned that flower!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGosh! What a beautiful and unique design, I adore this look! It reminds of shiplap, right??? I also love that Iris, it is so majestic and you have colored it perfectly, I also have that set and looooove it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my! How brave you are to cut the beautifully colored iris in stripes!!! The effect of dimension looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bet you did take a deep breath when you cut this gorgeous floral. Raising every other strip was a wonderful idea. Your coloring is over the top Barbara! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card! Brilliant idea to cut the flower panel. Well done.

    ReplyDelete