Thursday, April 24, 2014

Mod Squad Challeng Going Gingham

Well, this card is going gingham all the way!  I chose the red gingham from Gina K for this card. What else goes with red and gingham.....Apples!  Yes you guessed it, I stamped apples, from Marcella Hawley.  So, to make this a little different, I stamped the image on the front, and on the inside using a stamp-a-ma-jig. That way when I used a die, to cut the window, you would see the image exactly the same.  I did not color the image, but in the inside one, I used Wink of Stella clear on the leaves and red on the apples.  I real life, it looks great.  I decided that the front needed a border and made one with black and the larger and smaller die.  A gingham bow and flowers were added to the bottom left of the window. An idea that popped into my head at 5:30 am before I got up today!

 
So when you open it up, you can see the Birthday Greeting, from Simon Says Birthday messages.
And, of course, just a little more gingham.

 
 
I am entering this in the
Mod Squad challenge for this week,
Going Gingham
 
Thanks for dropping gingham!  Tehee!
 


5 comments:

  1. Oh that is FABULOUS! Such a beautiful technique! Loving those little gingham flowers too, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool card. Love the open window you created which has the blossoms and the apple peeking through. That is the perfect gingham to use with them. Cute mini flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of the gingham and the little gingham flowers and, of course, those gorgeous red apples!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so pretty! I love the way the apples and flowers peek thru the window! Thanks so much for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What awesome positioning of the stamped image, love that! Thanks for playing along with us at the Mod Squad blog this week!

    ReplyDelete