Saturday, February 21, 2015

Paper takes a Tole

One of my favorite online friends is hosting the challenge at the Mod Squad this week.  She wants us to make a card with paper tole.  I have not really done that, some paper piecing, but that is all.  I gave it a try with this card.


I think that flowers work the best for paper tole.  The petals are so easy to make layers of.  I also did the leaves on this image.  I just about threw everything on this card.  We are packing up next week, so I was trying to use up what I had. 

I started with a base of dark gray card stock from HL, with some texture in it.  Next is paper from Graphics 45, Artisan Style.  Then a die cut using Simon Says Chain link, and on top of that a die from Flourishes called classic frame, from Kraft card stock.  
Here is a look at the inside.
I used a stamp and matching die set from clearly Besotted called Remember.  It is basically for sympathy, but I added a birthday sentiment from Simon Says called handwritten Borders.  I wanted to make each flower different and accomplished that with glossy accents on one, and Wink of Stella on another.  Two flowers were cut from patterned paper and the other, white.  That last one, I brushed on using some water and my GKD Tomato Soup ink.    Fresh     asparagus and grass green inks for the leaves, also GKD. 



.Thanks again for stopping by and leaving a comment.  That is what it is all about.
 
 
  

10 comments:

  1. Love those gorgeous flowers! I've never tried this either, but hope to find some time today. Beautiful card, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you have really embraced paper tole here....hope you had some fun with it. Your patterned paper choices are awesome, and I love that base color. I also love all your layering, you are so talented with that, I could take a lesson. Great take on the challenge, thanks for playing along with us this week over at Mod Squad my dear. And I cannot believe you have to pack up next week. Yikes, where did the time go? I must say that I am really impressed with all the cards you made with limited supplies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beauty of a card. I have never done that technique either. Looks like fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes the beautiful flowers look so lovely all 'toled' up! Really love the design and the layers you added to your card, I'm a sucker for layers! Especially in February! lol This is just beautiful, Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job on the tole technique! The flowers pattern is beautiful and I love all the layers! Beautiful card my dear! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Barbara. Such fresh and bright colours. Lovely layout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Gosh, my golly. You really did an amazing job. I would never have thought to use pp for the tole. I absolutely love how you did the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that each flower is differnt and with beautiful papers too! Great job! I can't believe you are leaving all ready! Enjoy your last few days of warmth!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is gorgeous! And with limited supplies. You are going so soon? Love all the die cuts and colors...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice! I like the dark card base and all the fun things behind your flower!

    ReplyDelete