Thursday, May 7, 2015

It's Lilac Time

This is the time of year when everything is green and the spring flowers start to bloom.  I won this stamp set from Power Poppy recently and already I have used it quite a few times.  Here, I was practicing my watercolors and then put it aside to used sometime.  Well, it fits perfectly with these challenges.  I cut it out and made this card. 
I started out doing the faux linen look.  This was the first time doing that, after watching these instructions HERE.  Then I sponged Brushed Corduroy Distress ink over and stamped script with Memento Rich Cocoa. There is a layer of patterned paper, also sponged with brushed corduroy, and stamped with copper ink.  I fussy cut the image after doing the water color on it and then added a couple of dies and other elements.  Paper is GKD heavy base in Ivory and Lilac. 



Here is a close up of the sentiment that is stamped on some parchment looking paper with flecks of gold in it. 

I am entering this card in these challenges this week.

Power and Spark   Cut it Out!
http://powerpoppy.blogspot.com/2015/05/ready-for-snip-of-power-spark.html

Art Impressions challenge  April Showers Bring May Flowers
                                         http://artimpressionsstamps.blogspot.com/2015/04/challenge-158-april-showers-bring-may_30.html

Thanks so much for stopping by, I really enjoy your comments.


10 comments:

  1. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your faux linen background and the distressed, vintage look to this card!!! I will definitely need to try that technique out! Your water colored lilacs are gorgeous! Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the look here. Kind of vintage-y. That is a beautiful stamp set, and you have colored it beautifully!! Great layout too - gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous. I love the linen look with the background stamping used as a background for your beautiful flowers. Thanks for sharing the tutorial. I have not tried this before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lilacs and ours are starting to bloom here. So sweet the smell. You did an awesome job on the coloring and it is a wonderful card design. Great tutorial too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I just saw that technique too , haven't tried it yet, but yours looks AWESOME! I like how 'adventurous' you are! Pretty, pretty, card! Love your lilacs, GREAT WIN! That wordy background looks beautiful, it always adds so much depth and a wee bit of mystery, don't ya think? ;) And of course your sentiment says it ALL! We need to step back, take a breath and enjoy the moment we are in....truly! To THIS moment AND friendship! xo~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely vintage feel to this. I like the feel of this and the sketch is awesome. Very pretty! Thanks for playing in our Cut it Out challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Barb, what a fabulous faux linen background, and I love the collage feel to this card with your cut-out lilac and beautiful layout! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the vintage feel of this and, of course, those beautiful lilacs. I've not tried the faux linen technique, but it is very pretty. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun that you won this set Barbara! I love the warm rustic look to this design! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Power Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love the look of this beautiful water colored lilac on the faux linen background! Congrats on your win. I probably would have chosen this set, too! Thanks so much for joining us in our Power Poppy challenge, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete