Sunday, May 24, 2015

Mod Squad challnege

My friend, and super crafter, Lisa Babitz is the host at Mod Squad challenge this week.  I am so happy that I found some time to enter this week.  She challenged us to us the negative of a die.  I had this one on my cutting table for while and decided to make a card around it today.  I dry embossed only part of the card stock with a folder that had leaves.  Then I partially die cut the stitched oval.  I really wish that I could remember where I saw this.  It is all one layer and would come in handy for cards that need to be mailed. 
Behind the oval, I stamped some hens and chicks from the stamp set Sassy Succulents by Power Poppy.  I cut out one of the plants to paste over a mistake.  Lol   The hens and chicks are colored with some copic markers and clear Wink of Stella.  The butterfly is from GKD set Spring Mix and is colored with Gold Wink of Stella.  The base is GKD kraft cardstock and the top layer, is Jelly Bean Green. I don't think this is a attractive card, just different.
                       Enjoy!
 
Thanks for stopping by to see what I have been making.  I really appreciated the comments that you may care to leave. 
 

6 comments:

  1. I think it's awesome..that butterfly looks real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to disagree with you - I think this is a VERY attractive card! I love the green and kraft combination, and I LOVE your partial oval negative with the embossed leaves. The faux stitching around the oval is a great finishing touch. You butterfly is gorgeous, and I love how the flowers look like they are spilling out from behind that large leaf and into the bottom of the oval... and beyond! A very attractive card indeed!! Thanks for joining us over at the Mod Squad Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you are nuts!!! (and I say that in the best possible way) I LOVE this card, it is so unique and appealing! VERY creative, Missy! Love the partial embossing of the leaves, super cool! I think this card is just GLORIOUS.....everything about it is spectacular! xo~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Donna and Lisa. This is a great card. Love the green and the embossing folder is so beautiful. I really like that you only embossed part of the card... gives it some interest without becoming the dominant feature, Don't you love it when we find a way to cover a mistake?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is simply gorgeous!! I love everything about it - especially the color combo. And I can't figure out how you did that wonderful partial die cut - it's so awesome!!! Your butterfly is awesome too - the whole thing is just so interesting. I will be using that color combo in the future, you can count on it!!!

    ReplyDelete