Monday, February 22, 2016

Inky Paws Challenge #29 - Color Challenge

I have not done an Inky Paws Challenge for while, but i am back into them.  I took advantage of the discount that Jennifer gave to the Mod Squad recently, and bought a few new stamps.  I love the idea of Newton's Naptime and used it here.

These are the colors that we are to use in this challenge. 
You can find the challenge Here
            
We are to use the colors Red ,Light Blue, Lime Green, and White. 
Here is my card. 
The recipe:
Newton's Nook stamp, Newton's Naptime
Embossing folder by Cuttlebug, Matelasse
Frantic Stamper Die, Fancy Frames #1
I sponged the EF before embossing, with lime green and lt blue.  Hard to see here. 

This card will be going to a good friend who has been coping with cancer for the last year.  She is fighting hard, but needs her rest.  I hope that Newton will encourage her to get some rest. 

Thanks so much sot stopping in and I LOVE your comments. 
 

7 comments:

  1. How adorable! The colors are just perfect! As is that sweet sleeping kitty, too cute! Great texture and beautiful frame, love this look, Barb! Great stamp set! The sweet little hearts and the sleeping zzz's make for such whimsical accents....ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe - isn't he just the cutest thang? Love how Newton is sleeping on that pile of laundry, but man, all I can think of is the cat hair. Having had a cat, I know of what I speak...lol. I'm kind of coveting that embossing folder. I think Sharyn has it too, and every time I see it, it catches my eye. Great design, so cute how you added the ZZZs and that pretty frame. Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a little sweetie! And I love how this is colored. The challenge colors could not have been better. I hope your friend can get some much needed rest and of course, a smile from seeing your card you made for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute image and sweet card! Soft, pretty colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a sweet card Barbara! Love the design and the adorable image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Barbara! This is so sweet! I love way you sed the colors with the blue and green on the blankets and the pop of red on the hearts! I love that embossing folder too - looks like tile or wallpaper! Thanks for playing along with our Inky Paws Challenge at Newton's Nook Designs.

    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great embossing folder and the sponging adds just the right amount of soft color. Love that pretty frame around Newton. Your coloring is great and the red hearts are the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete