Thursday, March 24, 2016

Seize the Birthday - Water

I am so happy and proud to announce that I have been asked to join the Design Team at Seize the Birthday.  I am excited to be working with this great group of talented ladies. This is my first post with them and I hope to have many more.  I hope too, that you will join us by playing along.

This challenge is open for two weeks, so there is plenty of time to join in.   Of course, it's always "Anything Goes" if you don't want to do the topping as long as it's for a birthday. 

This time at Seize the Birthday the topping is the Water.    




 

My Card 

 































I was reminded of the day that we went shelling on Tiger Tail beach and all of the sand dollars that we collected.  I had to put that image on my card.  I stared out with water color paper and ink from Kuretake, in blues and greens.  After drying, I added the stamped water drops from Designs by Ryn, called water effects.  I also stamped some water droplets from a stamp by Deep Red.  Next, I just added the sea horse and sand dollar from a die by Tim Holtz.  They were sponged with distress inks for the right color.  
My sentiment was accomplished by using an Art Impressions stamp where I cut out the words that I needed, and added a die from Simon Says.  

Thanks very much for dropping by, hope that I gave you some motivation to join in the challenge. 



19 comments:

  1. Beautiful watery background, that looks awesome! And you totally captured your each finds. That sand dollar looks picture perfect, it's AMAZING! Congratulations on your new gig....you are going to have so much FUN! They are lucky to have you! ENJOY! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am super excited to have you joining the Seize the Birthday team!! You are so talented and it's pass time to share you with as many people as we can!! Love your card too! The background with those water droplets looks fantastic! What a wonderful start!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the team, Barbara! so happy to have you join us! What a great card to start off your "job"! Love those "water bubbles!! Heart Hugs, Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that watery background you made. Goes so great with the sea horse and other sea elements you added.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto what everyone has said. You will be a great addition to the team!!! I'm so happy for you! LOVE, love, love your card. I have never seen those TH dies before, and they are so perfect here. Plus, stamping those Ryn water drops is GENIUS!!!! REALLY beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous water scene! LOVE the drops!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful underwater scene! I love the sand dollar and the sea horse and those water drops are fabulous! So happy to have you on the team!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your new Design Team job! They are getting great talent and inspiration!! Enjoy! I love your card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the sea horse and sand dollar on that bit of sea grass. Beautiful background and water drops. Love the sentiment too. Fabulous design and Congrats on the new team.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card and that great background you created.
    Welcome to the Seize the Birthday DT. Glad to have you with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations, Barbara! The team must be so delighted to have you on board! Your card is incredibly beautiful!! Happy Easter!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card Barbara, and I just love that background! Welcome to the STB team :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The combination of the waterdroplets from Ryn and the Deepred waterdropletstamp looks great to! (have both so maybe I'll use them together next time) Thanks for the inspiration and comment on my blog!
    Congrats on being in the DT; so I will see and looking forward to see more of your work! Enjoy the rest of the Easterweekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just saw this on Seize the Birthday and had to pop over for a closer look. Awesome card !!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on joining the STB DT, Barbara! What a fabulous ocean scene ... so much depth and dimension ... love that tiny sea horse ... he's adorable! Thanks so much for coming by and leaving me some sweet words! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats to you Barbara! I can't think of anyone more deserving, as your cards are always stunning. This seaside birthday card, especially! I look forward to seeing your beautiful work with each new challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful under the sea scene! Love the cute little seahorse and the sand dollar! Congrats on being chosen to design for STB you will be fabulous! Have a Blessed day! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is gorgeous! Love your background - the seahorse & sand dollar are amazing too.

    ReplyDelete