Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Note cards

Make It Monday #247: Watercolored Card Sets 

I got a request from my sister yesterday.  She is a realtor and wanted some cards that she could send out to her customers that bought houses from her.  I set about making something that I thought would be special and fun.  Lucky that I was able to enter it in the challenge at Papertrey Ink this week.  Just click on the title above to see what it as all about. 


I was very happy that I could use a Christmas stamp set and dies that I have had for a couple of years.  That set is Tinsel and Tags stamp and dies.  I used the trees and the house to create a scene for my note cards.  All I had to do was eliminate the snowman and stamp and color them.  The trees are green, but look brown in the picture.  For the sentiment, I used the Swoosh stamp set.  Once I had a sample made, it was pretty quick to make 3 more using my MISTI.  I added some design paper from Gina K Designs, and a strip of white paper that I scored for some texture.  I hope she will likes them.  If she does, I may have to make a ton more.  She is a pretty successful realtor. 
Thanks for stopping by.  I appreciate the comments that you write.  They mean a lot to me.  
Have a great day. 

12 comments:

  1. Cute way to use that Christmas set.. They came out great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, your sister's clients will love this sweet card! So clever and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute note cards and such a great way for your sister to say thank you to her clients.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a wonderful idea and you have created the most perfect card! I love that you used a Holiday set for a non Holiday event! Those trees are fabulous! Keep the Misti out, she'll be calling back! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how adorable! These are fabulous and such a nice way to say thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are great and definitely a fun way to thank clients...I have a feeling you'll be making many more of these!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Barb, what a fabulous card, and I too love how you've used a Christmas stamp made it to work for this wonderful "congratulations" card. I love the layout and the great DP you've used. Donna is right - keep out the MISTI, and start making card bases! Love it! Hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are just so perfect for your sister....and who knew the Tinsel and Tag set could be used like this...that's genius. LOVE your design with the dp at the bottom, and the blue circle behind is so wonderful. LOVE everything about these....well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful cards and a great idea to thank customers that way. My daughter had me make her a bunch of thank you cards but she wanted just a plain embossed in gold thank you on ivory card stock. I like your idea better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are fabulous! They are certainly going to be a hit with all who receive them. Super design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful and very creative

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so great and will appreciated, I know! Very thoughtful and creative.

    ReplyDelete