Monday, May 16, 2016

Power and Spark Challenge entry #2

Yes, It is me again and I am back with another flower that I colored with a digi stamp from Power Poppy.  
I love the Countryside Bouquet and used it often.  Here, it is enlarged, as I and planned on only using the beautiful Poppy images.  Love those flowers.  After enlarging the image, I colored it and, when I had what I wanted, I used a die to cut it out.  OK, this is where it all started to go wrong.  The die slipped and made a rugged cut on the top right.  So I decided that I liked the image so well, I had to salvage it. I fussy cut the flowers out, leaving the bottom half of the die cut visible. Everything is going good now.  So I used another die to put on the base, DieNamics stitched diagonal die.   Cut out the panel of design paper in red checks and put my poppies on top of that.  Next, I die cut the Happy Birthday from red foil paper. Then I adhered the whole thing on to a white card base...... upside down!  Didn't notice it until the glue was dry.  Not a loss yet!  Just cut off the front and made another base for this card.  Love it when you can make it good, even after an unhappy start. 
                                                    
I am entering this card in the Power and Spark Challenge   To use a flower. 


Thanks for stopping in to get a better look.  I do appreciate the 
comments that you leave.  I hope that you enjoy. 


13 comments:

  1. WOW! This is gorgeous, such a HAPPY Birthday card! I adore those beautiful flowers (I think I have colored 3 cards of poppies lately, I love them too!) Thankfully you can not tell anything went awry, it's all about finishing strong....AND beautiful! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just adore this. How clever to use just part of the image....and we can because it's a digi. You sound like me with all you oopsies. I'm forever getting ahead of myself, not paying attention, only to have something go wrong. Your carad is awesome....LOVE all the white and then the pop of red and yellow. This is just so beautiful!! I really love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I should laugh or cry, but I am so happy that you were able to salvage this beautiful card. Love how you used the gingham and your poppies are gorgeous. By the way did you see you were in the top three at Dies R Us?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is gorgeous! I so love those poppies the way you colored them. And, the gingham is perfect with them too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flowers are so beautiful, and you know me and gingham. This is really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your beautiful flowers. Your coloring if fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply awesome Barbara. Gorgeous bright flower and love the gingham background - perfect. Amazing colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. An entertaining card saga Barbara! Yes, we've all been there! lol Beautiful coloring and charming card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Barb, what a gorgeous birthday card, and I love the red gingham behind your flowers! Beautifully done with the "happy birthday" dies! Stunning card! Hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Couldn't help but smile as I read your post! So glad you salvaged those beautiful flowers! Love the way you cut them out and the layout of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness is this gorgeous! Love those red and yellow flowers and the gorgeous gingham background ! Would have never known it was upside down if you didn't mention it! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what a story Barbara! You managed it all with grace. It’s such a pretty design! Thanks for joining us again at Power Poppy!

    ReplyDelete