Thursday, June 30, 2016

Seize the Birthday, Toppings Birds, Bees or Butterflies

It is time for another Seize the Birthday Challenge. 

    I would like to welcome our surprise quest for the Months of
 June and July ...... Mynn Kitchen 
you can check out her blog  here.

Just remember to keep it a Birthday Theme!
 
The toppings for this challenge is Birds, Bees, or Butterflies
 
If your not a toppings kinda person, well.....you can just
stick with our usual "Anything Goes"Birthday!
Here is my example 
 I have had this stamp from Stamp in Up for a very long time.  I have not used it much as it is a very big stamp and usually I can only get part of it on a card. I was scouting out Pinterest recently and discovered that I could stamp it twice and fold it in half.  I really like what I got.  You can see it here
Stamp in Up stamp   Swallowtail
PTI die cut in white, design paper from Stamp in Up 
Clear embossing powder and Zig clean Color pens
Sentiment is from Clearly Besotted, A Little Sentimental  and Gold embossing powder on vellum. 
Wink of Stella all over the butterfly.  I wish that you could see it IRL

 Let's see what you can do on your project! Be sure to check out what all of the other design team have done for you at Seize the Birthday 
Thanks for stopping to see more.  I will be looking for your entries at Seize the Birthday this month. 

12 comments:

  1. How fabulous. Love the colors on the butterfly and it looks great on the grey dp. How clever to fold the butterfly in half to get this look. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card. I love the colors of the butterfly and those dies you used are fabulous too. They work so well with the pattern paper you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loe the layers of interest and the stunning butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That is one big bold beautiful butterfly! LOVE it! Fantastic coloring, it really looks like it belongs in my garden! Welcome Home! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to fold that butterfly.....I will definitely remember that one. Your image is just beautiful, and I love how you have used that cover plate die cut too. Gorgeous colors too...just well done. Glad you are back home and playing in your craft room again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. Love the layers and that gorgeous butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely bfly against the neutrals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you have colored that big, beautiful butterfly. The lacy corner pieces are lovely too. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way you have colored that big, beautiful butterfly. The lacy corner pieces are lovely too. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful Barbara, and I can just imagine how sparkly it must be in real life! I love the softness of the delicate die cutting behind it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful card and I love the fact that you found away to use it as it is such a large stamp by itself! I have admired it for a very long time in the SU catalog. I can imagine this is really shimmery in person! HUGS and thanks so much for the chat! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Barbara! this card is stunning! LOVE your use of the PTI cover plate!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete