Sunday, October 2, 2016

Scribble Pumpkins

What do you do if you have no pumpkins stamps for a company that is hosting the challenge?  As you know, to qualify, you must use their stamps/dies.  If you take a look at the Make It Monday #262 challenge, it is called Pumpkins, Three ways.  In the video, Ashley shows you how to use your pumpkin stamps three different ways.  She makes a flower from a pumpkins stamp.........if that can be done, I thought I could make a pumpkin from another stamp. I decided to use the Circle Scribbles die from PTI.
Just add a few leaves and a stem and I got a fun pumpkin.
Here is the card. 
 I used a new technique that has been going "Bananas" this week.  It is called Hand Carved Wood. This was my first try and it is so easy to do.  You need to take a look at how Gina,  from Gina K Designs did it.
 Another view of the card, after scoring, inking and embossing the background, I die cut some circle scribbles from orange card stock and added some leaves and stems.  They are grounded with some oval shadows dies from MFT.  The Hello is also a die from MFT and has Wink of Stella to make it sparkle. 
                                           A close up of the pumpkins and the background.
I am sending this to my friend, who just moved back to my area after being gone for more than 22 years.  I am so glad to have her back in my life, and I want her to know that.
I am entering this card in the Make it Monday #262 Challenge, Pumpkins three ways
And in Simon Says Wednesday - Anything goes  here

Thanks so much for the comments, they are very much appreciated.  have a great day.

11 comments:

  1. Wow, such creative pumpkins! Love how you solved the problem Your background turned out great

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous! I love the pumpkins against that fabulous carved wood background. I have to find time to try that technique Gina discovered. It is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this!!! Isn't it a fun technique, and so stinkin' easy. Your colors are gorgeous, love that pretty background. You have chosen just the right embossing folder for this, and your scribbled pumpkins are really nice. Very cool card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Barb, this is SO clever and creative! I love the pumpkins with these scribble dies, and they are perfect with the leaves. And I love the background. I've seen one other card with this new technique and will definitely have to check it out. Your friend is going to love this card, and how wonderful that she is moving back after all these years. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to get creative! I bet we would all be surprised at how many other ways we could use our stamps, if we put our minds to it. The pumpkins are gorgeous. I wouldn't have known the difference if you hadn't told. Love you beautiful background too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great thinking, Barb, love how your pumpkins turned out, and also that technique that is popping up everywhere this weekend! Thanks for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barb, you ARE the creative lady! Think there should be an award for using a non pumpkin stamp in a clever way. You'd win hands down. Love your beautiful card, and can't wait to check out the video! Thanks for being an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW...this is SO cool Barb! Absolutely LOVE your card and can't wait to check out the video! You definitely rocked this challenge for uniqueness and your friend is going to love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty card. Love how you did the pumpkins and the pretty background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Somehow I missed this post. Love how you created the pumpkins. You are so clever. You know how much I love that wood grained technique and adding the embossing folder on top adds so much to it. I know I will be using it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bananas is right--but isn't it awesome?!?! I think you were super creative in making your pumpkins, they really look fantastic! Well done, Missy! The background is gorgeous, of course and I love that big bold Hello! That's a great wordy die!!! Love this rustic card!

    ReplyDelete