Thursday, November 17, 2016

Seize the Birthday - Presents


 


               It is time for Seize the Birthday Challenge.

Take some time from your holiday card making to make a birthday card.

You know that you will need them.  This month the Topping is Presents, so you could combine that with a Christmas card.   

 

 

 

 If you're not a toppings kinda person, well.....you can just
stick with our usual "Anything Goes"Birthday!


 This is a different view. I wanted you to see the layers used.  I used my Mini Minc to foil the fun dots then added some sequins too.  I saw a video and used this idea on my card. This is where you can find it too.  Here 

I don't have  the reactive mist, but I had a pen that a BFF gave me that worked well.  I used double sticky tape for the teal banner.  Just like Lydia did.  

 

 

Stamp set is Power Poppy Party Time. I used a water coloring card stock and my distressed markers to color.  Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean, Mowed Lawn, Peeled paint, Picked Raspberry. Archival Ink , Watering Can.

 

 

Thanks for stopping by for a closer look.  
Don't forgetwe have a Special Party Guest too.  Her name is Sherrie Koning  and you will find her designs here. Check out what all of the other designers have done Seize the Birthday challenge
Happy Thanksgiving  and a Merry Christmas to all.  

 

15 comments:

  1. Oh I knew that had to be a PP set, sooooo pretty! That foil looks awesome and I adore the color! I also LOVE the explosion of dots and sequins, like a glitter cannon going off. This is just fantastic!!! Love, looooove, LOVE this! Going to go watch the video, TFS! xo~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this is so, so cool. Those foiled dots are THE BOMB!!! What a great idea. LOVE your colors too, I'm going over to watch the video. Love me some videos, always wanting to learn something else!!! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful birthday card! LOVE the explosion bursting our from the presents! Such a fun design!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome design. Lovely coloring and using the foil really dresses it up. Looks just like an explosion with all the foil flying all over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty colored packages -- this also qualifies for JUGS; metallic

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Barb, I love your card! It's gorgeous with this darling stack of gift packages, and your coloring is stunning. The foiling really is fabulous, and I watched Lydia's video, which was very interesting. I don't have a Minc machine (or see that I would ever get one), but I see that I could at least foil the line with tape. Beautifully done, sweet friend, and thanks for sharing it with us! Hugs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the foil confetti you put behind your stack of presents. Fabulous CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's one stunning card! I love how you've used the foil - really accentuates the presents - and the presents themselves look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully colored stack of presents. Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome layout and color combo! Love the foiled dots and the bar in teal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Barbara this is stunning! I love that beautifully colored stack of gifts and the foil accents are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another awesome card! You are like the energizer bunny...they just keep going and going! Love the foil accents and those awesome presents. Your colors are great too! HUGS to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a beautiful card. I love the blue foiling, it adds such a stunning touch and that stack of presents is beautifully coloured :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is absolutely gorgeous! Love the bold colours and the shimmer.

    ReplyDelete