Monday, February 20, 2017

Papertrey Ink Celebration - 2016

This is the last day for the Celebration Challenge at Papertrey Ink.  I will make this one quick.

This is the card from Kay Miller, you can see it Here.  She used the stamp set called Painted Pedals.  I love the look of water color and thought that I would give this one a try.  Here goes.
                            

                                                                       This is my card.

 Don't you just love water colored flowers?  I used an embossing folder from StampinUp for this background.  The paper is Turquoise Sea , GKD and I swiped my white pigment ink pad over it. While that was drying, I stamped and die cut the flowers and when water colored them.  I used Destress inks in Peeled Paint, Picked Raspberry, and Spiced Marmalade. A strip of gold foil paper on the side and the sentiment die cut severl times, is from Simon Says, SSS111446.   The stamp set from PTI is Peonies on Parade.  They sure are!  Some pearls from my stash and it was done. 

Thanks again for stopping in.  Your comments really make my day better. 

 


7 comments:

  1. YIPPEE your homework is done.....now go play! lol I love your colors and those fabulous peonies--gorgeous! Great texture, love the pearl accents and that strip of gold. So Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love watercolor flowers and yours are beautiful! What a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Love your watercolor flowers and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and gorgeously colored.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Very pretty card! Love the vibrant colours and the touch of pearls are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and great CASE. I love that you highlighted the embossed background with some pigment ink. I always like that look. Your water colored flowers are amazing, and then that strip of gold is just the perfect final touch. Beeeeutiful, as Ina would say!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bright, pretty colors on this one. Love your gorgeous flowers and the embossed background. Great idea to lighten it with white pigment ink. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete