Thursday, September 14, 2017

Seize the Birthday - Balloons!

Yes, it is time for another Seize the Birthday Challenge and the toppings is BALLOONS!   Yeah! 
What better way to celebrate a birthday, than with balloons.  Lots of balloons!

" Our "Toppings" option this time is...

                                                               "balloons"
       If you're not a toppings kinda person, well.....you can just
 stick with our usual "Anything Goes"Birthday!
  The choice is yours!
Just remember to keep it a Birthday Theme!  
Here is my example for you. 
 You got it!  I went with BIG balloons for this challenge.  I had the chance of a life time to ride in one of these Hot Air Balloons and it was something on my bucket list.  I would do it again in a heart beat.  When you are floating in the air, it is a wonderful feeling. 
I got a free digital print for the front of my card.  I wanted a lot of big balloons and this free print gave me just that.  I colored them, using a picture of hot air balloons that I found on the internet.  They are so colorful and different.  I sponged Distressed Oxides in Broken China for the sky and let it all dry.  I used glossy accents on all of the balloons, you can see some shine on my first picture.  The sentiment came with the digi, and I just put the Happy Birthday greeting on the inside.  I forgot to say that the front panel was die cut with a stitched rectangle die after printing the digi out. I used fun foam as a backing because the glossy accents made for a rather heavy card and it needed stabilizing.  Otherwise, I think the balloons would take it away.  
 Here is a look at the inside.  I used the Gina K Designs stamp, Up and Away for this.
  
I want to welcome a new Surprise Guest Designer , her name is Becca cruger  and you can find her blog HERE
Remember to look at what all of the other designers have made for your inspiration too, at Seize the Birthday
 

11 comments:


  1. Great card and I love the way the glossy accents look on the balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you lucky girl!! I have always wanted to go up in a balloon. I love this card, your colors are wonderful and the background is just perfect. The Glossy Accents are genius, they just make those balloons glow, which is what they do in real life. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shiny hot air balloons up in the sky look so dreamy!!! I want to ride in one of them sometime :)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that must have been exciting to ride in a hot air balloon. You have colored these perfectly. Love the sponged sky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara, we just talked about hot air balloon rides tonight with my grandson, he asked if I would go sky diving with him, I said no, but would consider a hot air balloon ride. And I told my DH last week I would like to go to New Mexico when they have the big hot air balloon festival! On my bucket list! I like that you thought outside the box!! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FANTASTIC! I love the cluster of hot air balloons and how you added the glossy accents--great technique! When Tom and I started dating we went to a Balloon Festival and he went up in one, but I would not allow him to spend that much money on my ticket....dang, had I know where we would be 32 years later I would have said let's do it twice lol FAB card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barbara your hot air balloons are gorgeous! I'm too afraid of heights to ride in one myself, but go you for checking off an item on your bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You definitely did go with the big balloons and they are gorgeous. What a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! I love this bright and cheerful card! what a blast a ride in one of these beauties would be!! : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. You brave girl! Not sure my fear of heights would allow me to get in a hot air balloon. Good for you! The colors and patterns on your balloons look great and your background too! Hope you are enjoying your time away! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is awesome! Love the background and the colourful balloons. Great idea to do the glossy accents! You are lucky - I'd love to go up in a hot air balloon too!

    ReplyDelete