Thursday, December 28, 2017

Dies R Us - Fancy Poinsettia

I really like using dies on my cards and I have been having a lot of fun during these months on the Dies R Us Team.  I'm  Barbara, and my teammates and I bring you inspiration every day.  I have a card for you today that I used just dies and one stamp for the sentiment.
This is the finished card, but here is how I did it. 
 I colored a piece of white card stock with my Copic R39 marker and then 
die cut a lot of poinsettias.
 I colored the center again with the same maker, to give the flower some dimension.
I also die cut some leaves and then colored them with YG 63 and YG 97 for some definition.
I cut two snowflakes from white sparkly card stock as well as a border called 
Lovely Arched Loop Edge. 
Then I arranged them on my card front until I liked what I saw. 
 I often do that before gluing down anything. 
Tip: When die cutting, often it is difficult to get the paper out of the die.  I placed a sticky clear adhesive dot on my Big Shot.  After die cutting, just press the paper in the die to the dot and it "pops" out. You will need to reduce the stickiness of the dot at first.  Just touch it with your fingers until it is not so sticky. I saw this on an internet site and cannot remember where.


















Frantic Stamper - Dies - Lovely Arched Loop Edger & Lattice InsertFrantic Stamper Lovely Acrched Loop Edge. 



Memory Box - Dies - Lindeman SnowflakeMemory Box Lindeman Snowflake
                              Impression Obsession - Dies - Poinsettia Set SmallImpression Obsession Poinsettia.


Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.
http://www.diesrusblog.com/2017/12/fancy-poinsettia.html
click below for:
Thanks so much for stopping by, hope that I have inspired you today. 

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I adore those fabulous poinsettias, oh so pretty! That arch loop die is amazing and I love how you have placed it on your card, adds so much interest! Merry Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful design. I love that die and the beautiful flowers. What a cool tip. I will be trying that out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this. I have always loved poinsettias for Christmas cards and your layout on this card shows them off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this so much, and I think I need that arched loop edge. You are such an enabler!!! Those flowers and leaves just pop against the white background. This is simply elegant and very classy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your gorgeous card Barbara with those pretty poinsettias. Love the way you used the arched loop edge die. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh I wish I had seen this one before Christmas. Oh well there is always next year. I love this card thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very elegant card. Your poinsettias are gorgeous and I love the arched loop edge....so pretty. Really lovely design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fact that you colored the paper before cutting out the poinsettias. This card is over the top gorgeous! The arch die is such a great backdrop! You are so talented! Happy New Year my friend!

    ReplyDelete