Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Double D Challenge - Just Wing It!

It is that time again!  Another fabulous mood board for your inspiration at Double D Challenge.  It is team Darlene presenting this one.  Take a look at what they have done to get you started, and then don't forget to see what team Diane has crafted as well.
                                                            
Here is the Prize!
 
OK and here is the second card that I made for this challenge.  Not showing the first one as I missed the boat with the inspiration board.  Happens sometimes, I will just keep it for another time. Tee hee!

 I pulled out the Paper Trey Ink stamp and matching dye set called Feather Finery and used that for this card.  With the help of  Crumb Cake and Spiced Marmalade inks I stamped it.  Do you see a technique here, that has been out there on the Internet for us crafty people?  No, well let me tell you.
I did the wreath technique that Gina K has shown us recently.  Look at the background square panel.  I just used small stamps from this set along, with the dots for the smaller feather.  Colored the hearts with the Spiced Marmalade ink and here it is for you.  A few drops of gold Nuvo drops on the feathers and it is done.  I layered a lot of panels on the base and then the square one is popped up with foam tape.
  Seriously, you should check out what the other team has done with this mood board.  Lots of fun and a prize too. 

10 comments:

  1. Stunning card Barbara, oh how I LOVE the gold Nuvo on those beautiful feathers....and now I need to try this technique (in my spare time...right). Funny how a few of us doubted ourselves this time and I am sure your first card is a stunner as well...(I almost pulled my card and started over..but it does have 'wings') lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, Barbara! The gold Nuvo dots are the perfect finishing touch to the feathers and background design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FANTASTIC creation Barb! What a fun technique and I love your layering! Beautiful sentiment finishes your design perfectly! Isn't it amazing how we get our card done ... happy with it ... then remember to look at the mood board ... oops! LOL Been there, done that! Your cards are always gorgeous! Happy Day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card with the added nuvo, love the feather creation.xx💖 [Aussie aNNie's Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tee Hee indeed! lol I adore your fabulous feathers (you and Judy are twinsies!) Your colors are gorgeous! LOVE your wreath building technique and all of your gorgeous splatters! Beautiful design and layout and the most perfect of sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! That happened to me last time in the gray challenge and I still haven't posted the card. I'm thinking now it probably would have been okay, sigh. This is absolutely fantastic, Barbara! I love how you added the bird with the feathers, and look at those splatters and Nuvo drops! They're all that's needed to make those feathers look amazing. So simple and I probably never would have thought of it. I've got that wreath builder set bookmarked. It will probably be old news by the time I get it, but such a useful thing. Love how you made your background with the hearts and splatters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the wreath technique background you made which shows off the beautiful feathers and bird wonderfully. This card is so very gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your background and those pretty little hearts. Your feathers are stunning. Wonderful card design too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The fact that you and I both used feathers just makes me smile. I love your design, I haven't used that PTI set in a long time, but you have inspired me to pull it out again. Adding the hearts is a great touch, LOVE the colors you have used. That is one awesome card, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful in every way Barbara. Lovely feathers, colors and design detail.

    ReplyDelete