Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Double D Challenge - Bling it Up!

Now it is time for team Darlene and the challenge is Bling it Up!  
Here is the mood board for you. 
 https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgCeUh3B-konR8laLwwxq1_jKdKZ6Vq1nQuGiTABBIGbzHczUvR7YFLfD4s9-MRDqOUiV3yi4MYRsqzuQ9AAqn0Nem-tYHinwhcXy9Po28L-0lu39CqsLryhG0xrpM3D8EzRapK04T44AcL/s1600/Bling+Board.jpg
Check out all of the sparkles and shine!  
Wonderful inspiration and you can just go with it.  
Shine, sequins, crystals and so much more.
 
Here is how I did my card for you. 

 I took this picture of the background that I made first, as it was a little complicated and I wanted you to see the sparkle.  I used a stencil from Gina K Designs.  I mixed the paste with Faded Jeans Distressed ink and clear glitter.  Better to mix the glitter in the paste as it stays there and does not fall off.  Ask me how I knew that?  My first try was not good.  Enough said, moving on!  Lol

 Here is the finished card.  I added lots of sequins to the swirls and a fun medallion for the sentiment.  Just some circle dies, plain and scalloped.  I added some Azur Glitter Pen to the scallops on the circle. The sentiment is fun too and is from Power Poppy, Small But Mighty Affirmations. 

 I wish you could see the texture and shine.  
Can't wait to see what you will be inspired to do from the mood board. 

REMEMBER:  We have a fun prize to give away to one lucky player,
which will be chosen by Random.org
ALL are welcome to enter ... we will ship internationally!
Today's prize is Adhesive gems from Jolee's.  
 
 
I am looking forward to seeing your Bling It Up designs! 
Thanks for stopping and please take a look at what the rest of the Double D team has done.  
I do appreciate your comments, they make my day. 
 


11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, gorgeous background, the stenciling is amazing and you remind me to use my stencils more often..love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Such and awesome design and I love the blue! Sequins are one of my fav embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, the background is so amazing with the texture and glitter, and I love how you used sequins for some of your bling. I'm very impressed with the azure glitter pen as it put down quite a lot of sparkle for a pen. Pretty, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you used the bling it adds but does not distract. Perfect background for your cute sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of the stencil and I love how you added the bling to the water droplets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW ... what a gorgeous design! I bet it is AMAZING in real life! Photos don't always capture the actual beauty of our designs! LOVE THIS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. I love all the sparkle you used with that stenciled design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! That background is spectacular! Love the design of it and all of that sparkle! The design of it makes me think of peacock feathers, it is just so pretty! Fantastic sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the tip about the glitter...LOL. This card is lovely! I believe that sentiment fits you to a tee! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving all of the bling on this beautiful card! Great idea to mix the glitter in with the paste. I will have to try that. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great idea to do a glittery stenciled background.....GENIUS!! Love the addition of the sequins and also love that greeting with the glitter frame. Awesome card, my dear!

    ReplyDelete