Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Double D challenge - Color Challenge - Teal & Red

We have a color challenge at Double D this week.  I have to say that this was quite the challenge for me.  I wonder what you will do with it?  I love teal and never thought to put red with it.  I finally decided to tone down one of the colors and that is when inspiration came to me.  Oh, and added neutrals are ok too.
      
                                             
Here is the inspiration board for you.  

And here is my card.
I printed out the digital image from Power Poppy called Hobnail and Tulips. Notice that I used a linen-like card stock.  I have no idea where that is from, but I was cleaning out some drawers and found it.  It added to a rustic look.  The image is colored with my Copic markers ( love them for coloring) and then die cut with my square spellbinder die.  I also cut a border and used my teal marker to color it to match the teal on the image.  When you have no paper that matches, you can simply color it. Lastly, I used some raffia ribbon to add to the bottom. Using the Gimp Program to print my image, I was able to put the sentiment right across the vase.  So much fun to accomplish something that I have been wanting to get better at. Gimp is free and can be complicated, 
but with a friend ( Cheryl Scrivens ) and Youtube, I finally got it.  

Team Diane is sponsoring the challenge this week, but you need to see what Team Darlene has for your inspiration too. Just click HERE

There is a prise too!   Not just one die, two!
Thanks for stopping by to take a closer look.  I sure do appreciate your comments, they really brighten my day.  
 

12 comments:

  1. I am loving your clean and simple design. Your coloring is fantastic and this card just brings me joy, and you know I just love JOY! xo~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Barbara, this is one of my fav stamps from Power Poppy, so lovely coloured.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely, Barbara! The clean lines and simplicity really speak to the elegance of this card. Your coloring is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Barb, this is GORGEOUS! What beautiful coloring and your design bring beautiful focus to your vase of flowers! GREAT JOB! You can't go wrong with gingham ribbon either ... nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful coloring on an extremely pretty image. Loving the colors on this one too. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautifully created and wonderful layout. Those colors are just so pretty combined together. And the coloring of the image is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this image and it is beautiful colored in the red and teal. Love that you let the pretty image be the star.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man, do I love this card. That linen card stock is so stinkin' cool. The texture really, REALLY makes it interesting, and your coloring is perfect. This is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your gorgeous tulips, your coloring is amazing!! Wish I had a vase of the tulips sitting here right now!! Isn't it fun to 'uncover' some neat things we didn't even know we had, and it worked perfectly for your image!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful card and a stunning image Barbara. Your coloring is so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Barbara, your coloring on this beautiful card is absolutely stunning. What a lovely design. Love it!

    ReplyDelete