Friday, June 8, 2018

Mod Squad Challenge - Come to the Dark Side

My good friend Judy Woodland is the host for this Mod Squad Challenge.  It was one that I could not pass up.  She wants us to color an image on dark card stock
Her example was gorgeous and I wanted to join in the fun. 
Here is my entry. 
 Here is what I used to make this card. 
Sending Love stamp kit
Charcoal brown cardstock and ink from Gina K
White embossing powder and my Prismacolor pencils. 
After embossing with white I colored the flowers, but didn't get the contrast that I wanted.  So I went over the images with my white gel pen.  Still not enough, I grabbed my yellow Zig brush and did the flowers and then I was happy. I added dark brown gingham ribbon on the bottom and pulled out a stamp set that I have never used, ( imagine that) to make a border on the inside. It is Petite Borders.
I will be entering this one in the challenge at The Mod Squad 

10 comments:

  1. This is awesome Barbara. I just love the look of your pretty daffodils on the dark card stock. And, all the elements you added to the card really dressed it up as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your technique came out beautifully! G=Fabulous large image to color, what fun!!! I also love the black and white gingham ribbon, it POPS! Well done, sistah! xo~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the card Barbara. I never even thought of using this particular stamp for this technique but I certainly will in the future. It works well on the dark card stock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful example of this challenge. Gorgeous stamp and card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW just beautiful! Love this technique and what fabulous inspiration to the rest of us. I haven't gotten back into the swing of playing challenges yet (now that I'm finally back to better health) ... but your creation has me chompin' at the bit to get crafty! THANKS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful coloring on the dark background. Love your card Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! I have only colored on black one other time, I think it's time to revisit this technique! Now I just need my results to be as good as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, you have really nailed this technique. I love the colors, you have made those daffodils just pop. Great use of that stamp, and great take on the Dark Side Challenge. Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this, such a beautiful card. Your flower image is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for sharing this. its awesome and beautiful. keep posting more
    website

    ReplyDelete