Sunday, October 7, 2018

Creative Confetti - Background Check!

This week for Creative Confetti Julie is having a little fun with us. Some of us have been glued to the news and this is a different take on a background check.  Julie challenges us to do an image and make it POP but make a statement with your background.
 



I looked at some make your own background and I found this one that popped up in my crafty emails. I will link it here.  I gave this a try and made several different papers that I have turned into cards for the fall. Love making fall cards. So colorful and bright.  Well, this is a Christmas card for you and it is not so bright.  
Here is what I mean. 

I wish you could see this one in real life as it is on a base of gold cardstock
 and I printed the image on my laser printer and put gold foil on it.  Then colored it with Copic markers.  The sentiment and the wreath are gold.

The background was made with Distress Oxide inks and lots of gold splashes and some script.  Here is the other half of the sheet that I did. There is sponging and heat embossing with clear and reverse embossing.  Such fun and hard to stop.

I am entering this in the challenge for this week at Creative Confetti and hope that you will join me. 
Thanks for stopping, I need to turn on the TV and watch my Packers win this game.  Go Pack!!
Thanks for your comments.  






4 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how much I love this. That background is just stunning and showcases the focal so perfectly, and then the ribbon is the perfect final touch. I'm pinning....oh, and I love your coloring too!! P.S. -sorry about the Packers. Go Lions!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! That background looks awesome, very creative, I'll watch the video as soon as I refill my coffee cup lol That wreath is gorgeous and I adore your coloring, you are such a Pro at that! This is beautiful! And yeah, I know, all of your Christmas cards are done. Boo Hoo me! lol Merry Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an incredibly cool background -- looks like decorative paper it is so intense and fun! And, the finished card is gorgeous as well! Wow!

    ReplyDelete