Thursday, January 16, 2020

Seize the Birthday - Stencils

The toppings for this challenge is Stencils 

But if you are not a toppings kind of personJust make it a birthday card and that will work too! 
Here is my card for your inspiration. 


I wanted to do something different with stencils and I found an interesting idea on Pinterest.  HERE This technique used embossing paste with a stencil and then you colored it after it was dry.  I really liked the look.  I kept the colors soft using Distressed inks in Tumbled Glass, Spun Sugar, and Shaded Lilac. The stencil used here is Gina K Designs Snowflake Mandella, along with a die from Die Namices called Stitch Round Rectangle 
 A little closer look. 
For another more masculine look, I did the same technique but sprinkled embossing powder on the dried panel.  ( I would recommend that you do this before it dried) Colored the whole panel with Distressed ink in Vintage Photo and added some glitter glue.  It has a masculine rustic look and liked it enough to share it here.  It makes for a card with lots of texture. I used a stencil from Simon Says called Tumbling Leaves and Penny Black Antique Frames die. 
Our Party Guest for January and February is Joyce Mehrberg her blog is HERE

More inspiration here from the Design Team

Thanks for stopping by and I always appreciate your comments! 
                                                





17 comments:

  1. Both cards are fabulous. I love the look of the first one in soft pastels. I am going to give that a try. The masculine one is perfect for a guy. I really like the the edges on the card for a masculine look too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my GOSH!!! These cards are stunning. What a great way to use those stencils, and the colors are amazing. I have pinned, I wanna try the embossing powder idea. FABULOUS masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What amazing cards made with the stencils. I really like that snowflake one in all the colors of the rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, two gorgeous stenciled cards! I especially love the leaf card. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore embossing paste with stencils! That effect with the soft sponging is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh that embossing paste looks beautiful on both cards! Love the colorful one! Fantastic inspiration! (after vacation lol)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the "white stenciled rainbow effect card! ", have just added my card at the seize the birthday challenge, hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely awesome cards, Barbara! Love the totally different looks you've got with the two cards. I especially loved the soft pastels in the first card. Looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always buy embossing paste and then it dries out after one or two uses as I forget I have it! I have not tried it the way you have for the first card! I really love it! It almost looks as if you used chalk to color it as it is so soft. The second one is fabulous as well! Great masculine feel!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how soft the colors are on the embossing paste. I'm going to have to try this....really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am going to have to try this technique! Your results are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 2 beautiful cards, love the soft look of the first one, I must try this too! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love both of your cards, Barbara!!! They are stunning! The soft colors on the snowflake look super pretty but my favorite is the masculine version! Everything on that card is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous, Barbara! Thank you for showcasing stencils to inspire those of us who don't use them and would like to! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are both gorgeous! Well done Barbara! I'll have to check out the technique.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, Barbara! I love the soft muted colours. I love the masculine version too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love both of your cards Barbara. I like using embossing paste with stencils also. The first one is so soft and pretty and the second one is a perfect masculine card.

    ReplyDelete