Sunday, February 25, 2024

Pink Fresh Inspiration Challenge for February

Back to scrapbooking!

I started out in this paper crafting business doing scrapbook pages. Mostly the grand kids when they were little. I stopped doing them and advanced to card making. That has taken up most of my time since. 
But my granddaughter will be graduating from high school this year and has been very involved in the drama department. She has been in many plays and musicals.
My gift to her this spring for graduation will be an album of her drama doings. 

 I am back to scrapbooking and I have to say it is hard. 
Here is the page where she was in the Marvelous Wonderettes. 
I was in Florida and did not see it, but I had a video to watch. This is a picture from a video, which is why it is not perfect. 


I used what I had in my stash and ephemera from Pink Fresh. I needed red flowers, so I just colored the ones that you see here. 



Thanks for stopping by and I always appreciate your comments! 
                                                                                






4 comments:

  1. Ahhhh but you're wrong....IT IS PERFECT! An action shot! Love the layout and so won't Eliza! You have come full circle! Pretty florals, love the Designer Papers and Vellum. Each detail just adds to the beauty! Great Title too and I adore your journaling to remember each song! This is splendid! After reading your comment on one of mine I was going to beg you to show me them! Glad you entered! Hope you win! xo~

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh, she's going to love it! It couldn't be more special, and so much love put into it. The picture has an interesting quality to it, so I wouldn't say it's not perfect, it's just kinda cool. I think you did a great job on the whole page. I started out with scrapbooking, too, but did 8 1/2 x 11 pages because I didn't think I could tackle a big page like this. I do understand about the difficulty, especially when you haven't done it for a while -- finding all the right paper and colors and embellishments to coordinate with the picture. It's a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, what a keepsake this is going to be. Eliza will LOVE it!! You are a brave woman to tackle scrapbooking - I never got into it. I love the modern look of this, very eclectic. I especially like the look of those red white and blue rectangles clustered at an angle, it's so creative. And the candy cane lollypops are the perfect final touch, along with the vellum. This is just spectacular - and it looks like you had so much fun!! Keep 'em coming!!! I know DONNA is smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She will appreciate this so much and a keepsake she will cherish forever. I think the page turned out great. I don't see myself scrapbooking again but if grand kids ever come along, who knows.

    ReplyDelete