Friday, January 3, 2014

Timeless Tuesday #252 ~ Shake it Up

This is my first post of 2014, and I am entering the Timeless Tuesday #252 - Shake it Up, over at Flourishes. I decided to just go with the snow theme, as that is what we have been getting ever since the last day in January. I live in Wisconsin you see. It sure looks pretty and there sure is a lot of it. Now, it has stopped snowing, but it is cold, a -9 this morning! We have the promise of some warm weather tomorrow, for just one day. It is supposed to get way up into the 30's. Get your sun hats on! Ok, enough of the cold talk. Here is my card.


http://flourishes.org/2013/12/timeless-tuesday-252-shake-it-up/


On a base of Black, I placed a panel of Moonlit fog CS with a window cut in it for a shaker card. Behind the window, is some paper from my stash that has silver dots on it. I put some Flower Soft, in white for the snow, between that and the clear acetate. I colored the image from Flourishes Holiday Topiaries, with Copics and fussy cut it, and then used foam dots to adhere it to the acetate. It looks like the snow is falling behind it. A little embossing on opposite corners and a silver cord tied in a bow on the side and I am almost done. AT this point, it is still looking like a Christmas card, and I am so done with that. What to do?


I took the cut out from the front, and used it inside, with a sentiment that I could use for a Valentines Day card. Added some White snow flakes, and now I'm done.

Still time to go over to Flourises and make your shaker card, there are some great examples there.
Thanks for looking, and have a great day!

8 comments:

  1. Oooh love the snowy effect you got here. Don't you just love that Topiary set? Happy New Year! First Christmas card for 2014!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet little shaker card. And I agree with Donna, I love that Topiary set too. And, I love everything about this card. Well done again my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...I really like this card Barbara! Love that Topiary...very impressed my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool shaker card with all that snow. And, I am following by email now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that's clever! I love the sentiment - and all that fabulous snow falling in the shaker! (much better than the actual cold stuff...we've had over 3 feet already this winter. Yikes.) Thanks so much for playing with the shaker card challenge at Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your topiary shaker card very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely darling, Barbara! Love the topiary in your shaker! I am so glad you could play along with us this week at Flourishes for our Timeless Tuesday Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the use of the topiary for this card. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at the Timeless Tuesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete