Monday, June 13, 2016

Just Us Girls #347- Trend Week!

Just Us Girls #347- Trend Week!

Today's  card, got a start late last night.  After going to bed for the night, suddenly, an idea popped into my head,  Funny how that happens, as I didn't think that I was thinking about a card, but it did.  I kept thinking about a twist on the challenge that I had seen at JUGS and it would not go away.  You have all had this happen to you....right?  I am not the only one who gets up after midnight, and makes a card.....right? So go along with me here when I show you what I did. 
 The trend for this challenge is called Spotlighting, and my good friend, Nancy is the host.  What I thought I would do is to combine two different techniques on this one.  The spotlighting and inlay die cuts.  
I stamped this bird image from Stampendous, called Cling Snow Bird and then used a die from PaperTrey Ink called Star Scribble.  I thought it would be fun to use a die that was different than a circle or oval for the spotlight.  I used a layer of copper foil paper under the white and it all when on a base of kraft paper.  I cut several stars out of the same foil and used them around the die cut. The Hello is also cut from the same foil paper.  It really sparkles.  

 Here is a different angle to show you all of the shine.  I think I was successful in getting my idea onto paper.
I am entering this card in the Challenge at Just Us Girls #347 Trend Week

I know this bird is more of a winter scene and we are having a great start of summer weather this year.  I colored him with copic markers and he looks like the birds that feed right outside my craft room window.  

Thanks for stopping in today.  I hope you enjoy what I have done, and  in some way, I have inspired you to join in this challenge.  Thanks for you comments, and I do love them. 

10 comments:

  1. You made this sensational card in the middle of the night! So love that you thought outside the box with the spotlighting technique! The balance between coloring and paper makes this card really come together nicely! Well done friend! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at Just Us Girls, and make sure you take a nap....you've earned it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, girl when inspiration hits you, go with the flow! I just love the card you made when the idea hit you. I know I used to get up in the middle of the night when a poetry idea hit me. I knew I had to write it down while it was fresh in my mind. I used to do it with cards too, but now even if I do think of an idea, it usually sticks with me until I am ready to rise for the day. At any rate, I just want you to know that I really love this. Great spotlighting and I love the metallic look too. Great image used as well on your card and the bird is colored perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that bird and how youcolored it and how you spotlighted it. The foil is spectacular, great looking and creative card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable little bird.....I am in LOVE with that stamp. It's so stinkin' CUTE!!! And what a clever take on the challenge, love the inlay along with the spotlighting. You are a genius, I tell ya. A stinkin' GENIUS!!!!! No, honestly, this is just so clever and creative. And yes, I have had a card pop into my head in the middle of the night, but I can honestly say that I have never gotten up to make it. That's real dedication!!!! Thanks for playing with us over at JUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pretty card Barbara. That bird is so cute and the gold accents are perfect, along with the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Your foiling enhances everything about it

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! blend of these two challenges : ) Your idea was just brilliant! I do lots of card planning when I should be sleeping heeheehee

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully done! No, you aren't the only one who gets up in the middle of the night to make a card. lol It sure paid off in this case. This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all using the negative of the scribbles die is brilliant. The foil behind it just pops as do the stars and sentiment. Beautiful coloring on the bird. I love every card you make, but this is one of my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is just so sweet! I love the scribbles dies and this adorable bird! I have to send this to my friend who loves birds! Sweetness!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete