Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Make it Monday #251 Gradient watercolor Die Cuts

Wow you just need to check out what Dawn, at Capture the Moment has done this week.  It is so bright and fun and easy to do.  I'm going to get right to it.  Here is my card.
 I used a die from Die-namics to make this cut, called Four Way Chevron.  I did not have one from PTI.  After water coloring some paper with Zig Clean Color pens using all greens, I left it in the die and applied adhesive to the back and then pasted it to the card base of GKD Sage Green, and peeled off the negative.  
I then cut a border with a Spellbinder die and the beautiful butterfly was made with What the Doodle Butterfly from PTI.  

Here is another view showing the Wink of Stella that I applied to the entire butterfly.  The sentiment is embossed with Platinum EP and is from the same PTI stamp set.






I will enter this card in these challenges:
Make it Monday here
Simon Says Monday, pick a color here



Thanks for stopping by, I love the comments.  Thank you for taking time to leave them. 


8 comments:

  1. LOVE your soothing greens, cool and calm, so pretty! That cover plate die is awesome, like how it does go off in all 4 directions, pretty cool! Gorgeous border cut and I love the platinum heat embossing. NOW....for that fabulous butterfly, WOW! I don't think I have ever seen it, STUNNING! I can only imagine how sparkly it is in real life with the Wink Of Stella. Beautifully created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this technique looks so artsy and cool on the dark paper. The addition of the butterfly and border is perfect. another amazing card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is fantastic. I love the look and beautiful green colors. That is a great die for making a background too! And I love the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! You really nailed the challenge.....isn't it fun? LOVE what you did with the vellum, have never thought of using it with that border die. It's gorgeous, especially with the gold embossing for the greeting. And then the beautiful butterfly. Just a stunner all the way around!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, guess the EP is platinum....well, I love it no matter what color it is..lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Barbara...LOVE your shades of green AND that beautiful vellum butterfly! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your wonderful chevron background and the greens are so pretty. Pretty vellum too and love the platinum EP.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card. Wonderful vellum cutting. Thank you so much for playing along with us this week over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog :)

    ReplyDelete