Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Mod Squad Challenge Peek a Boo Card

Donna Phelan and I are your hosts this week at the Mod Squad.  We did a challenge awhile back that we had fun with and we are bringing it to you to see what you do with it.  The challenge is to have something peeking at you through the front of the card.  Take a look at my card and you will see what I mean. 



 I used a die from Memory Box, Vivienne, to cut the butterfly in the card.  The long tails are hand cut to let more show through.  This is Gina K heavy base weight card stock and I embossed it with the Swiss Dot folder.  On the side, I cut a new border die  by Penny Black.  It is cut from white paper, but you can see in the picture that it is not the same color white as Gina's.  It does not show up that much IRL. A banner of vellum across the front with my favorite Happy Birthday stamp from Gina K Designs, Birthday Greetings. Love the font and it is heat embossed with gold.  
Now, to open the card and see the surprise.  

Inside is the stamp Stately Flowers 2 from Melanie Muenchinger, along with the sentiment form Birthday Greetings. Flowers are colors with copic markers.
Here is a closer look at the inside
After coloring, I added some details with a white gel pen to make it really pop.  I love this card and how it turned out.
Thanks for stopping by, take a look at the challenge going on at Mod Squad Challenge this week.  There are two prizes, and you will get another entry if you use one of the sponsors products. 
Sponsers are Gina K Designs and Altenew.  New and exciting stuff is our game.




5 comments:

  1. I love how this card came out. Fabulous coloring and wonderful idea for the peek a boo. the flowers behind the butterfly is fabulous and the embossing and little die cut on the side make an elegant card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I am not sure if I can even begin to try and do something like this but I sure hope I can succeed. I love the look! Sounds like a great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. Love the butterfly and the pretty flowers on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Barb, I absolutely LOVE this card and how how your beautiful flower peeks through the butterfly die cut! Wow, how clever and lovely - both inside and outside! Stunning card! Big hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! I love how you have combined that gorgeous butterfly with your pretty flower. What a fun surprise when you open the card!

    ReplyDelete