Thursday, July 21, 2016

Double D Challenge Shades of PURPLE

                                           
Look at all of these gorgeous shades of Purple.  It can be a vibrant color or a very soft one.  The choice is yours.  Today's card  started out as one that I was making for fun.  I had some new stamps and really wanted to try them out.  As soon as I picked up my colors to start, I remember seeing somethings about a purple challenge.  Sure enought, it was The Double D Challenge this week. 

                                                              Here is my card

































The stamp set that I used is the rather new one from Gina K designs.  I finally got it as it was out of stock.  Thanks Donna Phelan, for letting me know that it was back in.  Quick as a rabbit, I ordered it and now I can play with it.  I love hydrangeas, they remind me of my grandmother's garden. Hers here pink, but I love the purple ones as well.  So I just stamped the flower down the water color card stock, randomly with white EP.  Then colored with with my Distressed Markers in Shaded Lilac and Dusty Concord.  Using a water brush, blended them in.  The layer of purple paper was been stamped with the same technique using white EP with a linen like stamp from Stamp in Up. The die cut border is from Penny Black and is called Border Edges.  
I added the little tag and sentiment from the same stamp set and a few sequins from my stash.  

That is it for me today.  It is terribly hot here today.  Heat index of 105 with the humidity.  One would think that I would be staying in and crafting, but no, I am not.  I will be picking up the grand kids and going to a friends pool today.  I think a good day for it.   Friday, I will be painting my bathroom.  Not really the kind of coloring that I like to do, but it has to be done. 
Thanks so much for your comments, I surely do appreciate them. 

12 comments:

  1. OH MY STARS!!! This is gorgeous Barbara! LOVE that stamp set and you've colored them beautifully ... so so pretty! LOVE your design too ... that little tag is just perfect! Thanks so much for joining in the fun once again at our Double D ‘Shades of Purple’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the most beautiful cards I have seen! You did an incredible job and I love those hydrangeas in purple! To me they are one of the most prettiest flowers! I peg this as a winner! Your temps are as hot if not hotter than ours! Enjoy the pool and painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is very gorgeous Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my! This is so gorgeous! What lovely coloring you did on it. I am so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOWZA! From those gorgeous Hydrangeas (you know I love em')to that fabulous die....OMG what is it and how soon can I order it lol Penny Black, Border Edges...Happy Birthday to me hahaha Your distress inks and embossing make this card magnifique! Wow Wow Wow! This is stunningly beautiful! You WIN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love hydrangeas too, pink or purple or blue and you have colored them perfectly for the challenge. Love the texture under the die cut and that you mirrored the border on the inside of your card. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So darn cool. Where do you get your PB dies? love that border!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well look at you all quick on the draw with that challenge. Your card is absolutely S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G!!! The coloring on those hydrangeas is so gorgeous, and I love that you did the white embossing first. It really adds a lot to the look. And that border die is just beautiful. I have never seen one like that and I really like it. This is a real winner, my dear. Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, wow, wow! Barb, have you absolutely outdone yourself in this challenge! It's GORGEOUS! And I too love hydrangeas and love your beautiful watercoloring. I absolutely LOVE the layout too with this beautiful die and how you've arranged these flowers! So beautifully done, and I've pinned this one! Hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Barbara, this card is just gorgeous! A simple design that you have made so elegant. Beautiful embossing and coloring. Thanks for joining the Double D July, "Purple" Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. *Insert low whistle here* Wheeeeeeeeeewwww I just love everything about this from your incredible coloring to the the gorgeous overlay you added to jazz up the inside. Ah-mazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is seriously gorgeous! The flowers are beautiful. I've not seen this stamp set. That die is to die for. I think I will have to get it soon. I love the embossing. I really love all of it....well done!

    ReplyDelete