Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Altenew Academy - Color Your Day

I am really enjoying this class from Altenew Academy., the instructor is Therese Calvird.    It has been making me think more about how I make my cards, and all that goes into them.  Making decisions with knowledge is so much better than just picking up paper and ink.  I am behind on my home work as we were not home when class started, so I  have combined a few of the lessons.
Lesson one was to be inspired by something you have seen.
Lesson two is information on the color wheel.
Lesson 5 is Change it up.  Adding color in another way.

I really stepped out of my comfort zone with this card as I usually like more solid lines.  My card for today is much more free flowing than I do.
Here is the inspiration picture that I was inspired by.
I started with the yellow and took the Analogous colors from the color wheel.  That would be the ones next to the color of choice.  In this case, green and brown.  To accomplish lesson 5, I used water colors and white embossing powder. 
 I used the yellow and green and I never would have thought to use the brown, but I did use it on that background.  Very watered down.  It looks rather pink here, and the yellows look different that in real life.

 Here is another picture of the flowers, and the watercolor effect. 


Thanks so much for stopping by.  I am anxious to get my lesson tomorrow. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh so pretty Barbara, love the watercolour look with this stamp set, it's like it was made for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW! I am giving you an A+. This is such a lovely card and I like the classes you will be using it for. The soft colors look AH mazing! That design and layout is really cool to and the addition of that gingham ribbon--so happy--so pretty! This card is a piece of ART. Frame Worthy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I can see how you were inspired by the tranquil scene of your photo. Your card has such movement, and the sweet colors are wonderful! Just beautiful, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when you take classes that take you step out of your comfort zone. I always learn so much from you. Gorgeous card. Love the soft colors and the airy design. You get an A.

    ReplyDelete