Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Make It Monday #255: String Art Using Die-Cuts

We just back back from a very nice road trip into Canada and to the east coast.  Some where along the way, I lost Mo and Jo!  I think when you are not able to make a card, your MOJO leaves for awhile.  I think that is what happened.  When I was able to get into the craft room, nothing came together...... until this card. 

Amy, at Make it Monday challenge posted a video on using string art on your card and die cuts.  It reminded me of those cards that we had a little kids, where you could pull yarn through holes and make a design. 
I knew right away what die that I would use for this one.  It had stitch marks along the edges, easy to use them at holes for my needle.  Check out Amy Here.  Then take a look at my card.



This card really has lots of dimension as I cut the die three times. I only stitched on the top layer. 
The die that I used is PTI Quilted: Spring, white and grass green card stock from GKD.  Inks are grass green and sweet mango by GKD.  For the thread, I took some thread and used my grass green ink to make it match.  A few dots of yellow Crystal Drops and faux stitching with my white jell pen. 

I will enter this in the challenge at make it Monday #255



17 comments:

  1. LOVE it, great take on the challenge. I need to get after this one, it looks like fun. And I know what you mean about Mo and Jo, they are MIA for me too. Too much stuff getting in the way and I just don't feel like making cards. Not good when I have spent copious amounts of money recently on stuff. Anyway, I love your green background and your color palette. Super cute quilt image here, and the scalloped edge along the top is perfect, as is the stitching you drew in. It all comes together wonderfully!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome stitching and take on the challenge...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Mo & Jo found their way home!LOL, great looking card and neat techniques. I am the opposite...too many ideas and not enough time:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Barbara, this is absolutely stunning and what a fantastic look it is. You really put lots of effort into this and it shows. I love the stitching and colors as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara you are so clever! Great use of the quilted die for this project. Love how you tinted your string with ink to match! Beautiful results.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this! Perfect die for the string art challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw this challenge and said no WAY. Not my friend, Barb, she dives right in and creates something fabulous. Love the colors and how you framed the sentiment. The little peach flowers are perfect with the stitching. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this challenge and said no WAY. Not my friend, Barb, she dives right in and creates something fabulous. Love the colors and how you framed the sentiment. The little peach flowers are perfect with the stitching. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you sure made an amazing card with the string, I love how this turned out! I would sure say you have MOJO this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh WOW! Glad Mo and JO returned, like in a BIG way! Maybe they had trouble re-entering the US, glad they found their way home! I LOVE how you did the string art (we used to do this as kids, string, nails and wood lol) That die is fantastic and I love your design and all of that pretty, pretty green! Great idea to layer that die--it really is fantastic! Oh and to color your string to match, you are sooooo clever! May have to *borrow* that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW...LOVE your card Barbara! This turned out so pretty...love every little detail on it...especially the stitching!! I'd definitely say your mo-jo returned! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So clever to used a stitched die instead of a perforated one! It really expands the possibilities. Someone will love receiving this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully done! Love your string art!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks fabulous! Great job on the string art (using one of my favorite stamp/die sets!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMgosh, how long did it take to thread all of those holes? lol Not sure I would have the patience to do this, but it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Barbara, I think your MoJo is back as this turned out lovely. Love the top curved edge, your stitching and color combo. Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my are you the patient one! This is incredible and love the colors too! Very impressive indeed!

    ReplyDelete