Thursday, July 7, 2016

Power and Spark B Happy

                                            
The challenge for this month at Power Poppy is to B Happy.  Start with a image that starts with B and go from there. You will find more details here.   I wanted to make a soft pastel card and I used the Short Stacks stamps set from Power Poppy to give me my B.  First I pullout out some papers and when I decided on the ones that I would use, I took the colors from them to color my image.  I stayed with soft sand, peach and a little orange. and green.

 I even finished the inside of this one.  The sentiment is from the same stamp set and stamped in London fog, a soft gray color.  After coloring the image, I fussy cut it and put used foam tape to attach it.  The green hearts I have had for so long, I don't know where I got them. I usually come across them after I finish a project and have used something else.  This time, I was glad to have them. This is a 5 1/2" square card.

I have another idea for this challenge and will be going back to create that one too.
I appreciate that you take time to leave comments.  They make my day.

10 comments:

  1. OOO Barbara I love your warm colouring on this design! Awesome layout too! Thanks so much for joining us at Power Poppy this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin all those layers and mix and match of papers and colors. Have you been taking lessons from Donna? Love the little hearts on this one. Link this gingham beauty up too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun challenge and, oh, my goodness, what an adorable card! I love this stamp set to pieces and you colored it up perfectly. Darling layout with the flags and border and gingham!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Barb, I love your card! Wow, this sweet little budgie atop of the cups is one of my favorite images, and I just love your colors! And what a great job cutting it out too...love it popped up. And what beautiful colors you've used and a great layout! Love the bird and the border...and it's perfect for the challenge this month! Hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is Beautiful and your Budgie, Banners and Borders are all perfect for the B Happy Challenge!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Power Poppy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the soft colors on this one. Pretty design and very cute image. Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just entered and noticed this beauty....not sure how I missed it the 1st time around. It. Is. GORGEOUS. Your colors are beautiful, it's colored perfectly and the design is heavenly! Just beautiful. Love your card stock and Designer Paper choices! FANTASTIC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card! I love the muted colors you used. I also picked this particular stamp for this challenge. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are on a roll with the cards. Your die cut accents are fantastic. I LOVE these colors and your little birdie looks darling. Beautiful card. Thanks for playing in our Power and Spark challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations for being featured on today's Power Poppy blog, Barb! This is gorgeous! Hugs, sweet friend, and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete