Thursday, October 6, 2016

Green and Gold

I have lived in Wisconsin all of my life.  Usually when I think of Green and Gold, it has to do with the Green Bay Packers football team.  GO PACK!  Today this card got my attention when I tried out the new technique that Gina K stumbled on and then shared with all of us.  I know that you have seen it out there often this week, as crafters alike are trying it out.  I also did another card using this technique.  You score lines in your card stock and apply ink and then emboss, and apply more ink.  It is called Carved wood, as it looks like wood panels that have a craved image in them. 

I thought I would try this, but not score any lines in the panel first.  I think that I got something, a tiny bit gorgeous. I'll stop talking and just show you how this turned out.
 I swiped a panel of Gina K white, layering weight, card stock with Grass Green and then Dark Sage.  Took it to my big shot and embossed with a leaf folder by Sizzix.  Then rubbed Gold ink over the top.  I pulled out the die cuts that a friend sent to me.  Sorry that I don't know who makes them.  Heat embossed the word JOY with gold, added gold thread and pine boughs. The berries are dots of Nuvo Crystal. The background is adhered to a panel of fun foam and then placed on a base of Dusty Sage card stock from Gina K. 
I love the vintage look and I even got some of the shine in my photo.

I will be entering this in the Card Making Challenge over at Kat Scrappiness. HERE
World Card making Day.
 Just Us Girls Leaves HERE
 You have some time to enter, but hurry, it is getting late.
Thanks for stopping by and for your comments.  It is what it is all about.

8 comments:

  1. This is really stunning. I think I like it better without the lines.....more elegant. The gold is such a beautiful touch. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love the away it turned out! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uhm yeah, that's just a tiny bit GORGEOUS!!! Barb, this is stunning! It looks like embossed copper! I think you picked the perfect Embossing Folder to go with your pinecone and foliage and of course my most favorite word, evaaaaah.....JOY! This is absolutely STUNNING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous!!! The gold on top creates such a rich background. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowza, that's an amazing background! Your card is so stunning:)
    Thanks for joining us at Kat's challenge - Josefine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I was as adventurous as you! When I sit down to make a card I resort to what is familiar most of the time. I don't know how I missed this post...but so glad I was lurking around this evening! That background is extraordinary! You have more talent than your sister ...for sure! ;)

    ReplyDelete