Thursday, February 22, 2018

Dies R Us - Lighthouse Scene

Hello card makers!  Barbara Campbell back today with another beach inspired card for you.  If you saw my card last week, you may have noticed that I cut some dies and I didn't use.  Well, here they are for you now.
This is another layered die from Elizabeth Craft.  See the solid layer and the outline?  I actually colored it after gluing it together.  That way I could do some shading to make the lighthouse look curved.
                               Elizabeth Craft Designs - LighthouseElizabeth Craft Lighthouse



I used some water colors on the sky and the water, using the brush to make the waves.  Next, I tore another piece of the sand beach and also used the watercolors for some texture.
Take a close look at the rock near the lighthouse, they are mushroom tops colored and shaded.  I think they make a great rock.  Then I just added the Shoreline Cattails and the sentiment to complete the scene. The sentiment is from Power Poppy Good thinking.  

 Here are the other dies that I used on this card. 

Have some fun with your stamps and dies, I hope that I have inspired you today.

Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store. For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.
click below for:

8 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL beach scene! You've added so much depth and dimension to that lighthouse creating it that way! LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is FABULOUS Barb! Love how you've colored the lighthouse and aren't you clever turning those mushrooms into rocks! Beautiful scene ... wonder where you got your inspiration? LOL HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great beach scene you created Barbara. Love the texture and details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful beach scene and love the background you created for it. Love the mushroom rocks. That is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a beautiful beach scene, and your background and beach are amazing! I love this lighthouse and how you've colored it! Fabulous card!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a clever girl to use the mushroom caps as rocks. I saw those mushrooms the other day and put them on my wish list, but I sure didn't think about THAT!!! I love this lighthouse, you have used it perfectly here. And your wavy ocean is just spectacular, as is the beach. I just wanna go there - RIGHT NOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sentiment is what I need right now! I am hoping that next weekend I can do just that! ;) Your card is fabulous for your new Florida lifestyle. I can just hear the waves crashes against those rocks! Those cattails remind me of my mom! Thanks for that! Talk to you later today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful beach scene. your sponging is so realistic and look at you finding another way to use the mushrooms. Love that.

    ReplyDelete