Friday, September 7, 2018

Creative Confetti - Fab Finds



With the start of a new month, Creative Confetti has chosen a challenge that was REALLY a challenge for me.  We are to pick out a circular or catalog that inspired us and make a project.  Well, since so much is online now, we don't get the newspaper, so I had to dig out some catalogs and found one. It was called Costal Living and I really found several pictures that "spoke" to me.  I finally settled on this one that I love with the texture and soft fall colors of gray and blush orange. 
This is a calming picture and I was inspired by the texture in the quilt and the soft gray with a touch of black. I thought right away of a stamp set that I have not used yet.  
It think it worked well for these colors.  
Here is my card. 

I used the Feeling Fall stamp set by Marcella.  This is the first time I have used the cat and pumpkins.  I stamped in Antique Linen Distressed Ink for a no-line look, on watercolor paper.   Colored it with my distress markers. I used an EF that looked similar to the quilt and had to used several ink colors to get the tone of the quilt.  It is a bit darker than I wanted, but works.  I placed this panel on a layer of dark gray and then a base of light gray cardstock.  The black strip is from my stash and I have no idea what it was used for, but it is plastic and shiny and sticky.  It worked for the touch of black that I wanted.
 There will be a challenge each week for the next month and if you do them you will have four chances to win the prize.  Mostly I just love doing them for the creative fun. 
Thanks so much for stopping in to see more, I sure appreciate your comments and the time that you take to do them. 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful take on your inspirational photo you found. It is amazing how so many times we can find ideas from other sources. I know I have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that would be hard for me too, but I love what you did here such a fun card. Love the shadows under focal image and the cute Boo sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool take on that photo....the challenge sounds like fun. I have never taken inspiration from a publication and I love the idea. Your little cat peeking out from behind the pumpkins is so stinkin' cute and you have colored your image perfectly. Don't you just love Distress Markers. They are so great for watercoloring. Just a wonderful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Barbara, great use of the fab find inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is perfect....or rather purrrrrfect! Love the design and that texture. I hope to find some time to play along, this is a great Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lve the inspiration photo and colors. Perfect interpretation. Love your card

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your inspiration photo too! Really love the EF that mimicked the quilt in the photo! Such a great card Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun challenge! It just goes to show you can draw inspiration from anywhere. Great idea to use that pretty embossing folder as the inspiration for the quilt and love the fun colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super duper CUTE!! Fabulous design and fabulous coloring...love the entire thing!!! I will have to check that challenge out, I think I saw it, but never have time for anything fun...sigh!!

    ReplyDelete