Monday, September 10, 2018

Power and Spark Challenge - Hit the Books

There are two challenges going on at Power Poppy and I am going to make it my goal to join in every one of them.  This Challenge is not new and it has been going on for quite some time.  Each month a designer challenges us to step it up. Katie Sims is the host for this month and she has challenged us to Hit the Books. You can find out more Here.
 
Besides crafting, my other joy is to read and I am a member of several book clubs.   So I was happy to combine my love of books with crafting.  My mind went right to a stamp set that I have not used ever.  It is an old one and maybe only Marcie will remember it.  I bought it when she was designing for another company.  I only used one small stamp from it, but I will show you how I made it work.
                                                         Here is my card.


Do you see the small stamp on the lower left corner?  That is the one that I used for this card. I wanted to make a stack of books and with the masking method, that is entirely possible
 Here is the mask that I stamped and then cut out to place over the already stamped images.  I kept stamping more books until I got the stack that I was looking for.  Then I colored them with Copic markers and added the sentiment from the same stamp set.  By the way is was the Flourishes set called From the Desk of. I die cut the image with the Frantic stamper Stitched rectangles die and then cut another frame from blue cardstock.  I placed it a bit wonky on the base.  I think it looks like stacks of paper and added to the bookworm feel.  Thanks so much for stopping in and leaving a comment.  I sure do appreciate your taking time to do that.

8 comments:

  1. Oh you clever, clever girl. Love how you have stacked those books by masking.....GENIUS!!!! Love your coloring too, such a well thought out card. It's really, really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well,I see the picture but I am still not sure how you did it. I love the colors and coloring in this card. It is CAS at its best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you are so talented. I love the tall stack of books you made by masking. And, the coloring is wonderful on that design too. I don't know if I could have managed it as well as you did. It looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job masking the image to made that lovely stack of books. Great card and great design. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you clever, clever girl! Points alone for making the mask and stamping a whole stack a books. This is perfectly wonderful! Your coloring and the way you captured your light looks amazing! Love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my my my, I LOVE your masking, wow, what a fabulous card!! I have lots and lots of the old Flourishes set and I deeply love them all!! And I think most if not all are her stamps...and I love to read, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really great card - nothing makes me happier than a big pile of books like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Barbara: I was checking the Power Poppy blog to see if I still had time to enter this month's challenge. When I saw your card I immediately recognized the image because it was this particular set that made me fall in love with the amazing designs of Marcella Hawley. I know exactly what set that is and that she used to design for Flourishes, I have probably next to 50 stamp sets from that period when she was creating all of these amazing images. When that company closed it's doors, I was devastated and I was so very lucky to be able to buy a ton of the sets when they had that big sale.
    Thank you for the trip down memory lane, your card is gorgeous, your masking perfect and your coloring beautifully done.
    I'm going to go get this set and make a card, there is still time on the challenge.
    Sending hugs.
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete