Thursday, December 7, 2023

Altenew - A Year in Review Challenge 2023

A Year in Review Inspiration Challenge December 2023
Altenew


I am always intrigued and inspired by flowers and that is what I chose for my focal image on this card. 

I am using a stamp set that I purchased this year from Simon Says Stamptember, a collaboration with Altenew. It is called Rose Reverie. 


Not many supplies for this card, just the Rose Reverie image and sentiment. I used my water coloring paints from Daniel Smith and a die from the Greetery called Nordic Frame. 


After water coloring the roses, I did the background with a blue wash and then used a stencil that I created to make some interesting areas. The addition of some clear gems from my stash completed the card.  I have a hard time with splatter I think too much, but it is done. 

Thanks for stopping by and I always appreciate your comments! 
                                                               






3 comments:

  1. STUNNING! Those roses are magnificent! Love the perfect colors you chose! Perfect water coloring and that frame die is a wonderful touch! I adore the splatters, so frosty and wintry, perfect for this time of year! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is simply beautiful. I am so envious of your watercoloring skills, you always nail the look. The splatters are what takes this card to another level, and that die cut background panel is perfect. The whole thing just goes together beautifully, well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Barb! And I think your splatter looks amazing. Beautifully done altogether!

    ReplyDelete