Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Color Hues - Copper and Green





I am entering this card in the current Color Hues Challenge. The colors are Copper and Green. 


This card came about as I looked into my pile of backgrounds that I did early this year. 
AS you can see, I used Gina K Poly-glaze stencil mates. It is the one on the left. The one on the right is the negative of that stencil. The foil looks like copper.  After foiling, I used the matching stencil to color the leaves in a brown tone. But I didn't want to use the entire background, as I had some other ideas for this card. I fuzzy cut out a few of the leaves. 
Other supplies are Gina K Grass Green card stock, Spellbinders essential oval die. Poppy stamps Pointy Lattice Plate.  Honey Bee Buzz Words for the sentiment cut in Copper foil. 



Because it is so hard to photograph shine, I did a video. 



Check out the challenge Here. 


Thanks for stopping by and I always appreciate your comments! 
                                                                






6 comments:

  1. This is so cool and so creative, Barb! Love how those leaves turned out and I love how you left the background with an opening. Thanks for playing at Color Hues and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The leaves are gorgeous, and I love that open lattice die cut behind them. Your video surely shows all the wonderful shine in this card! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my word, this is fantastic, Barb! The leaves are incredible and all the better resting on the open cut background. The video shows the shine that's so hard to capture in a still photo. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Love the window and added texture! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge! - Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the foiled leaves, aren't they gorgeous!!! That particular die cut window looks fabulous too, it is sooooo pretty! And I always enjoy your sweet little videos! xo~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! the color combination are good.. Love the color green. :)

    Steel Rainwater Tanks

    ReplyDelete