Thursday, January 11, 2024

STB - Wet or Dry Embossing




Cathy is our host for this new challenge of 2024! 
She has decided that we should emboss our projects. 

If you use our topping, you have a chance to be a guest designer.
 I love to see what you can do with this topping. 
Of course, you can just make a birthday card too. 



Here is my card. 


For this card I used the sweet Dancing Gingerbread dies 
from spellbinder. 
The base is kraft card stock, then a layer of ivory and then vellum 
from Gina K 
My gingerbread girl in in the middle surrounded by lots of die cut leaves and pine branches from some of my other dies.  
For each of the branches, I coated them with Veramark and then heat set white embossing power to look like snow. 


Here is a close up look at that sweet little girl. 
Make sure that you take a look at what the design team has done for your inspiration. 
You will find them here at Seize the Birthday Challenge. 

Remember that Loll Tompsom is our Surprise Party Guest for this month of January! 
And we have two guest designers from 2023, 
And there are two others as well. 
Marina Richards and Karen Walker

Thanks for stopping by and I always appreciate your comments! 
                                                        






13 comments:

  1. Oh my GOSH! How absolutely ADORABLE is this!!!! I love the colors and you have used that die set perfectly and I love the design. The greenery behind that sweet little gingerbread gal is perfect with the white embossing. Looks just like snow. And using the vellum is GENIUS!!! I love the whole look of this card. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is the cutest Gingerbread girl I have ever seen! (And I am sure the 'boy' is just as adorable!) I love how you added all the greenery with 'snow' around her. this is a favorite card of mine Barbara! So so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, your gingerbread girl is just too adorable. I love how you framed her in the branches and leaves embossed with white. So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Goodness! How adorably sweet is she?!? Love her! Great design! Fab Vellum layer and I adore all of that gorgeous frosty looking 'greenery'. Glad she is not a real cookie--I would hate to eat her and have her disappear--kind of! ;) CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your adorable gingerbread girl - she is so cute. I like the way you added the white embossing to the leaves to look like snow. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is just wonderful, Barb! I could not stop looking at it and admiring it so much! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so gosh darn cute, Barb! What a pretty little gingerbread girl with her frosting hair dripping down and a pretty little bow and scarf. Love her nestled in the leaves and branches atop the vellum and stitched white layers. Her kraft card with a bit of sponging is the perfect resting place for all that goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy Cow!!! I am in love with everything on this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your lil gingerbread girl is the cutest! I love how she's surrounded by all those leaves and branches. Just awesome! Great card, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab take on the embossing theme, Barbara! Perfect card for a winter birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable card Barbara! The little gingerbread girl is so cute and I love the look of the faux embossed snow, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh - so much goodness in this card! Love everything about it - so many fun and pretty details.

    ReplyDelete