Thursday, March 14, 2024

Seize the Birthday Challenge - #279 Coordinating Tag and Card Combo




Jules is the hostess for the 279th Challenge and she has chosen a super topping. 


If you are not into the toppings, just make sure that it is a birthday theme. 

If you use our topping, you have a chance to be a guest designer.
 I love to see what you can do with this topping. 
Of course, you can just make a birthday card too. 



My Card




This card happened to be a happy surprise! I had some previous fun images that I was trying out new techniques. There they were on laying on my desk and that is how card and tag started.

Using a reverse embossing technique on this Altenew Zero Waste Flowery Pattern embossing folder. I then die cut oval. I tossed it and it landed on this negative foiled piece from Gina K Thick Brish stencil.  It is adhered to a black card base. 
The tag is also using the reverse stencil technique. 

Here is the technique that I was trying. 
You never know here the inspiration will come from. 

Debrah Wheeler is our Surprise Party Guest for February and March.
You can find her creations here

Check out the Seize the Birthday blog for more inspiration. 


Thanks for stopping by and I always appreciate your comments! 
                                                             






13 comments:

  1. Barbara this is fabulous! Wow I love the depth of the images and your colors are fantastic! What an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your card & tag are beautiful. This is a great technique and you showcased it well. I watched the video from your link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glorious! I love the whole vintage vibe flavor and feel I am getting, especially from that Tag! Loving how your pretty posies are framed by that pretty gold piece! These are really lovely! Oh and that Michelle--she makes every technique look soooooo easy--Love her Tags too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara, what an elegant card and tag you have created. It is stunning . Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be still my heart! Serendipity does some of the most amazing things. Love this embossing technique. Your card and tag are both so beautiful, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just the direction you took on this challenge. The dark card and matching tag is so elegant. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your happy surprise, Barbara! The black and gold are so elegant together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Total elegance with the gold and black

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a dramatic result Barbara - and I love your description of how the project came about! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - so classy and string Barbara! You've rocked the reverse stencil technique.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowzers!!! These are sooo elegant!!! I'm still pondering your fabulous technique. Is that a brushed powder over the raised areas?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning project Barbara, TFS the video too! Black and gold is so stylish, and what an awesome technique, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh they look stunning! I love all the gold on black. Absolutely awesome combo of card and tag, Barbara!!

    ReplyDelete