Thursday, June 13, 2024

Seize the Birthday Challenge #285 Double Stenciling




Hello crafters! It is time again for another card challenge at Seize the Birthday and this time I am the host.  I have chosen a technique that I had fun with, and I hope that you will too. You may have seen it on a video, that is where I saw it first. 

Let me explain it to you. When I say Double Stenciling, I would like you to use a stencil and before you pick it up, place another one over the top and fill in it. I don't mean that you should use just two stencils on your project. Check out my card. 



If you are not a toppings crafter, just make sure it is a birthday theme.


The flowers are a stencil with a matching die cut. After placing the stencil and coloring it, I place another stencil over the top and used that one too. Then it was die cut out. 


If you are still having trouble with this double stenciling that I chose, check out the video here. 

Supplies for this card:
GKD Fancy Floral Stencil Bundle
Simon Says Stamps Falling snow
Inks, Lavendar fields, 
Deep iris, Eucalyptus, Forest Fern

Be sure to check out the blog for more ideas Here
 and for our Surprise Party Guest 


Thanks for stopping by and I always appreciate your comments
                                                              






10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Barbara. This is a fun technique and enjoyed it. Thanks for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful! I adore the colors you chose and all of the white accents too! Great stenciling and design! Simply Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stamps and dies are so pretty but what I think was the icing on the cake were the colors you chose. Gorgeous card and great Topping too my dear! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the dots, what a great idea. What strikes me about this card is the lavender and green working perfectly together, and then that light blue in the background. It adds so much to the overall look. These colors are stunning together, and your stenciling is wonderful. I like this card on so many levels!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely woven stenciling behind your beautifully stenciled and die cut blooms Barbara! So happy to be creating with this team for June and July as Surprise Party Guest! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just so pretty with the stencils and colors you used! The color combo is soft and gentle, and the names of the inks would make me want to have then in my collection. I love how the woven stencil in the background fades at the edges. I tend to forget that's one of my favorite aspects of stenciling. Really lovely, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card - the colors are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a lot of fun with this one! Thanks for the extra push to try something different. LOVE your card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Barbara, the double stencilling is so effective! Lovely design and colours, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your choice of stencils. The flowers are looking very lovely, but using the Falling snow on top really made it pop. Lovely colors too. Great card, Barbara!! And thank you for the fun (and challenging) topping!

    ReplyDelete