Thursday, January 23, 2014

Mod Squad Challenge


This week, on this brand new challenge, you need to use WOOD. So I went straight away to the EF from Tim Holtz called Wood Grain. But instead of using brown, I experimented with different colors of paper. On this card, I used Ocean Mist from GKD. Then I sponged it with Distressed Inks, Weather Wood and Pumice Stone. I really like how that turned out. That panel is place on a layer of yellow as I knew that I would be putting the Sunflower image as a focal point. The base is Moonlit Fog. From the stamp set Stately Flowers 5, also GKD, I chose the Sunflower and stamped it on a cut out form my Cameo. It is colored with Copic markers and I used foam squares to adhere it. A rhine stone stray and a yellow bow on the bottom. Then I used a typical wood grain onto chipboard and added the sentiment Thanks, with some Glossy Accents.


Here is a close up.


Thanks so much for looking and I do appreciate your comments. There is plenty of time to enter this challenge, as it goes until next Tuesday.


Have a great day and stay warm!

9 comments:

  1. OOo I love how that background panel turned out too! Tis gorgeous in my book!! Thanks so much for playing along in our challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job coloring that fabulous sunflower and great background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, you rocked this challenge out of the park, once again! Love the color of the "wood" background. Great idea to use different colors of card stock - I never think of that. Your coloring is spot on too - great job my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great look with the EF panel in those colors. Fun to experiment and get good results. And, the sunflower is perfect with it. Just a gorgeous card indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! The texture of the woodgrain is so perfect with the beautiful sunflower! Thanks for playing with us at Mod Squad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that wood background! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic coloring, I LOVE your sunflower! And that blue textured background is a super pretty color! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning!! Your coloring on the flower is amazing...and that woodgrain panel is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Outstanding! Love the yellow with that blue!

    ReplyDelete