Friday, January 24, 2014

Timeless Tuesday #255 ~ In with the NEW!

Something New! I had to think about this one so that I could use the flourish's stamps set that I have. My card expresses the NEW FRIENDS that I have made with stamping. They are all over the world and beyond any expectations. But they are there for me, with the click of my mouse!
Here is my card.




First I used my Cameo to cut out a stencil and then adhered it to a yellow CS that had swiss dots on it. So much texture. Next I used the Star of Bethlehem flower from that set and colored with copics. The sentiment and the butterfly are from Friendship and Flowers set. So I was able to used my Christmas stamp set in a new way. Yeah! Lastely, I added liquid pears to spots on the sentiment and on the grid on the card.

5 comments:

  1. Barbara...you make beautiful cards! Love the colors too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Barb - especially all the texture in the background. I am gonna use that *NEW* idea too. I have become friends with Laurie Turner over at STV. She liked my cards and I liked hers and it just kinda went from there. Hope you don't mind - I'm not really copying. Thought of it before I saw your post.
    Oh, and I have been meaning to ask you, how did you get your signature on your blog. I would love to do that. Bet it was complicated though...lol.
    Anyway - great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL JOB!!!!!!! AND WOW!!!!!!! You're GOOD with those liquid pearls!!! Mine always seem to glob up & go funny shaped!!! YOU MUST have a STEADY HAND!!!!!!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful coloring, love your textured background, fabulous color and I love the pearls on the intersections! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful image and your card is lovely! So striking with that yellow! I am so glad you could play along with us this week at Flourishes for our Timeless Tuesday Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete