Monday, December 15, 2014

Elf Shirts

My daughter and family just love the movie ELF, and have watched it so many times.  They wanted to have t-shirts with the sayings from the movie on them.  Crafty Mom to the rescue!  With the help of my Cameo, and a few trial runs, I was able to make these shirts for them to wear to holiday parties and family gatherings.  I am only showing you three, as the fourth one is drying. When it is dry, I may added it to this post. 
I picked up bottles of fabric paint at HL and didn't notice that the green had sparkles in it, but that worked out fine anyway.  I cut out the stencils on freezer paper and ironed them on the shirts, then applied paint. 
I may go into the t-shirt making business....NOT!
As always thanks for stopping by, I got my ideas from Pinterest. Love it!
P.S.  I am not entering these in any challenge.  Just so you know.

6 comments:

  1. WOW! You make them sound so easy to do....BUT they do not look that easy! You are one Good MaMa!!! They came out perfectly, Barbara!

    I love that movie, especially the part about the major food groups; We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup.

    Merry Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun for them. I really like the colors on the black and the different fonts you used. Di no mite idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!!!!! I would NEVER attempt this! I couldn't figure out how you did it, thought maybe you got iron-on vinyl or something. So COOL that you painted the words on! They are gonna LOVE them!!!! Such a good use of your Cameo - thanks for the inspiration!!!! WELL DONE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never would have guessed that you made these! They are fantastic! My son and his wife loved this movie so much that they named their daughter, Jovie, after a character in the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun shirts you created, They are wonderful! Great messages too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a GREAT job on these! AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete