Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Just Us Girls #236

Technique challenge Watercolor Background

Believe it or not, I started out with a watercolor technique on this BG.  Then stamped the butterflies in Ocean Mist ink for my BG paper.  With many spellbinder dies and some fussy cutting, I made this card. I actually had a few of these butterflies cut out for another project and this one just fit perfectly.  Lots of sponging with Ocean Mist and Moonlit Fog on the yellow CS, I got the more green color that you see. 
I am entering this card in the JUGS challenge this week, as the technique is to create a watercolor background. 


This is a 4 X 4 card and I will need to make an envelope for it.  More fun! 
There is still lots of time to play in the challenge.  So get your watercolors wet!!!
 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout and wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Barbara! Love the colors! Thanks for linking up with the girls and I at JUGS~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Barbara! Love the colors and the pretty dies you used. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful creation! Beautiful colors and blending. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome, love the colors and that beautiful background! lol I too save stuff, love it when you figure out when to use it, which you have done beautifully here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool card! Love the colors and the watercoloring! So pretty! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete