Saturday, May 17, 2014

Just Us Girls Challenge # 241 Color



Boy are you going to have fun with these colors for the color challenge this week at JUGS!
This is my third week as guest Designer for May and I am having a blast. This challenge gave me some concern though.  I did a card, no problem, but when I took a picture, the color showed up more blue than Orchid.  Problem!!!!  Husband to the rescue.  He said, try taking a picture with your IPAD. Well that worked like a charm.  So happy for that suggestion. Sometimes husbands come in handy!  Lol  Love you honey! 

                                          Here are the colors, Kraft, Orchid and White.


Here is what I did for my card
 
 
I used Wild Orchid and Kraft and white CS from Gina K.
I stamped the Inspiration Mosaic on the white layer with Memento Black.  The flowers are embossed with white and are from A Year of Flowers Two.  There is a border on the side, cut with my Cameo.  I sponged the flowers with a lilac ink and they have such a soft look that I really liked.  Can you see
the whisper of something across the top left?  Yes, it is three strips of vellum.  Sometimes I can't leave things alone and I just keep on adding.  In this case, I liked it!  The sentiment is from Hello Sunshine set also Gina K. 
 
I wonder what the designers at Just Us Girls  have done for this one.  Join me as I take a look.
 
So, come on!! Lets see what you come up with.  I can hardly wait.
 
 


7 comments:

  1. Awesome card! Those flowers are very realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the graphic feel to this card and yeah for hubby to the rescue :) Great use of the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beauty! Some of my favorite colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Barbara! Love those pretty, big flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Barbara! Love those flowers, they are gorgeous. Nice use of the Inspiration Mosaic, I love that stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very pretty Barbara! Love the mosaic and the way you used the colors! Glad you are enjoying being our guest this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job Barb! The card is lovely! You are such a joy as a guest designer!

    ReplyDelete