Saturday, May 24, 2014

Just us Girls Challenge # 242 Photo Inspiration




I' m joining these amazing designers at JUGS for the month of May.  What an wonderful experience this is for me to be their guest.    Thanks to the ones that have given me help and inspiration through this challenge.  I love the challenges and trying to do them just a little bit differently. 

This is the photo that we are to use for inspiration and I knew exactly what I wanted to do when I saw it.  Please click on the other designers and see what they have done and how this photo inspired them.
                                            
I originally made this card in the black and white, but decided to tone it down a bit by using the Moonlit Fog Paper from Gina K.  Love that color and I use it a lot.  It is a pretty simple card, with the BG and then the focal image which was stamped and colored and then fussy cut and place on the front. 
Here is the card
 
 
The die is from Lil'Inker and is cut from Ivory CS and place on a base of the Moonlit Fog.  The tulips are from a Year of Flowers Two.  I added glossy accents to the flowers, and then let them dry well before I bunched them together and added the ribbon.  I seem to need a lot of birthday cards, so I added a birthday sentiment from the Birthday Label stamp set.  I sponged the sentiment with the Moonlit Fog before taking it out of the die.  Added the tiny pink pearls to the label.
All papers and stamps are Gina K.
 
I would love to see how this photo inspires you!  Get going and make a card, and show us what you have done.   
 
Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out the other designers for more inspiration.
 
 


10 comments:

  1. Barbara, this is gorgeous! I love where the inspiration has taken you. The ivory and gray you used for the background is so pretty and is perfect behind those beautiful, glossy tulips. Don't you just love Melanie's flowers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning inspired card! I love those shiny tulips and of course the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those tulips and the shine you gave them! Great use of that diagonal striped die! I think I just purchased that yesterday! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that stitched, diagonal background! Tulips are gorgeous too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this card!!! It's just gorgeous in it's simplicity - and the shine on the tulips really points up those flowers. My grandbabies are here, and I'm missing my craft room. Haven't made a card in over a week - YIKES!!! I don't like it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and love the shine on the tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job with the inspiration photo! Love the diagonal stitched die and those gorgeous tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning about sums it up! Your so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card. I like that you used the gray for the background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, loving your beautiful tulips with the glossy accents, really sets them off. This is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete