Saturday, May 31, 2014

Just Us Girls Challenge # 243 Wildcard Shaving Cream Background


Yahoo!  My craft room sure smells good.  I was just experimenting with the background papers and the shaving cream.  I did a lot of them. You see, I like color, and I was dropping lots of different colors onto the shaving cream.  Then when you swirl, you get quite a lot of color.  Sometimes the finished product reminds you of something... and then you have a theme for your card.  For me..... that didn't happen. 
So I watched the video again.  Here it is for you to watch too. 
This time I used less ink and got a better result. 
 
Here is my card for the Shaving Cream Technique
It sure is bold and bright.  The colors are, In The Navy and Jelly Bean Green.  The design paper is a strip from my stash.  I used Memory Box die called Vivienne Butterfly and cut it out of vellum and colored with a green Copic marker.  Then sentiment is a computer generated one.  You know, sometimes you want to say something on your card, and you just don't have the right stamp.  Don't forget that you can just your Word Program to print the one that you want.  The liquid ink that I used on my shaving cream are Stampin Up, Brilliant Blue and Yellow.  They are so old, I can't even see the label on the yellow any more.  But they still worked. Lol
Check out the other designers and see what they have done for this challenge and then get going.  If nothing else, it will smell so good while you are trying the Wild Card Challenge
 
Thanks for stopping by and this is my last week as the Guest Designer for JUGS.  A huge thank you to all of the designers  there.  It has been my pleasure to join in with them.  Something that I will remember always.   Just watch for me as I continue to compete in the challenges
and grow in my craft. 
 

9 comments:

  1. Love the vibrant colours in your BG and that fabulous butterfly. Thanks for beign such an awesome GD :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara this is stunning! I love the blues and greens together, and the butterfly is a great addition. Thanks so much for being with us this month and sharing your wonderful talent! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all you have been a fabulous Guest Designer with us this month Barb! Your final card with us is gorgeous! Great colors! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job with this technique! You were such a pleasure to have as a GD this month over at Just Us Girls! You did outstanding cards - thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous shaving cream paper and love how you implemented it into your card design. All you who have been playing with the shaving cream seem to be having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word, girl!!!! This is just STUNNING!! I love, love, love the colors, and that butterfly is GORGEOUS. What a great idea to color with Copics - I will remember that. Your card is over-the-top beautiful. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sentiment is perfect for that beautiful, colorful background. Love that vellum butterfly, too. We really appreciate all of your gorgeous creations for us this past month as our Guest Desiger, thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are the most beautiful colors I have seen, what a wonderful background you have created! I may have to grab the Hubby's Barbasol! lol TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...Barbara...your background is simply stunning! Such a gorgeous color combo, topped off with that beautiful butterfly!

    ReplyDelete