Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Power Poppy Challenge

It was a beautiful weekend here this holiday.  Weather was amazing and sunny, yes it rained yesterday for part of the day, but that gave me time to craft.  And that I did.  I had the new May digital release flowers from Power Poppy and they are having a challenge with them specifically.  Need I say more? 


In addition, they provided a sketch for you to use any way that you wanted.  It's always so much easier when you have a sketch.  Then you only need to pick out the colors, paper, coloring, stamp, and the embellishments.  Ha! 
I decided to print out the Peony.  I remember them growing at my Grandmother's house when I was a kid.  A long time ago. 

Here is the card that I made.
I started with kraft CS and layered sage and then a layer of DP from nature Garden by Jodie Lee.
The pale pink is from my stash and was die cut with Majestic Elements.  The flower was colored with Copic markers and then die cut with an oval die.  I used Pink Pearls to finish.  Lastly, I used the Pointillism  technique around the flowers with a very light E40 Copic, and then just a few dots with my Sakura glitter pen. You will have to look closely to see that.
 
As always, thanks for stopping by.  I do appreciate all of the comments that you may care to leave.  Have a great week and happy crafting.
 


12 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous Barb. Your coloring is superb on this one, and I love your color choices. One of my favorite combos. And yeah, wasn't the weather wonderful last weekend? Finally feels like summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Peonies are pretty in pink!! Love how you rounded the edges of the 2 strip panels, as well as the texture and decorative papers!! Beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card and I love peonies. Mine have not bloomed yet but hopefully soon. You coloring of these flowers is wonderfully done and I love the technique you did around them too. That was a great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a gorgeous card, Barb! Love those peonies and how you've colored them! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leavin' a little love :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the vintage feel! Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing with Power Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has such a romantic feel to it. I love your coloring. It is perfectly designed. Thanks so much for joining us at Power Poppy. Happy stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning!! Really love the colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! You colored it perfectly.....really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your peonies are colored beautifully and you certainly aced the sketch challenge! Your soft, dreamy colors are well suited for those lovely, fluffy peonies! :) I am so glad you could play along with Power Poppy's Get Sketchy Challenge this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful choice of papers to bring out the beauty of your fabulously colored peonies! Too pretty! Thanks for joining us gals over at Power Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Barbara, this is gorgeous! Your choice of papers, colors, and die cut shape make this such a lovely and feminine card. I'm a little late to visit, but I was so taken with your card in the thumbnail I just had to come over for a closer look. I'm glad you could join our challenge. I hope there will be more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bea U Ti Ful!!!! Love those peonies (mine are just coming into bud!) This is a fabulous sketch and I love what you have done with it. Stunning, my dear!!!

    ReplyDelete