Saturday, November 1, 2014

Just us Girls Challenge and Simon Says Wednesday

Since I am making Christmas cards, this challenge is a must to enter.  A wreath is so appropriate for a Christmas card.  So I started looking through my stash for a wreath.  I bet you guessed it, no Christmas wreath.  I have flower ones but no evergreen ones.  Well, I had this cute as a button snowman, that would look perfect peeking out from a Christmas wreath.  What do to!!! Yep, make one.  Oh, sure, how many times have you said that?  "I can make it!"  Will on my second try,  I got it.
                                                                     Here it is!


 I used a Stampin Up, leaf set with GKD inks.  Grass Green, Fresh Asparagus and Dark Sage. 
I stamped around in a circle and put the snowman in the center.  I really don't know where he came from, but he is old.  The green DP is from GKD as well as the Ivory base.  The greeting in embossed with silver on to the banner.  Did you notice the snow on the wreath and his hat?  That is White Flower Soft.  There is red Wink of Stella on his scarf.
I am entering this card in the :
JUGS #265 Word Week Wreath and Simon Says Wednesday, Anthing Goes

I do appreciate your dropping in and any comments that you leave. 

10 comments:

  1. Oh My Word! I may be repeating myself, but How Stinkin' Cute!?!? Holy Smokes! I thought it was one complete stamp set! Oh you WIN!!! Hands down. So VERY creative! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that snowman! How cute! Great idea to have him peeking through the wreath. Great job! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous wreath you produced around this gorgeous little snowman. You just have to smile when you see his face. Love the touch of snow. Thanks for joining our Wreath challenge at JUGS Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you didn't give up because this is so stinkin' cute! And by the way, you could have used your floral wreath...any wreath is game! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Barbara! gorgeous, I adore the image...fabulous coloring! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute snowman! Fabulous design! Well done my dear! Have a Blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the wreath you created! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely adorable and only two tries...that's not bad! LOVE your finished product Barb! Love when I see you have joined us at Jugs~ Hope all is well! Are you still coming to Florida???

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so adorable. Love the snowman peeking through the wreath.

    ReplyDelete